Tuesday, April 11, 2006

I Smoke Two Joints Before I Smoke Two Joints, and Then I Smoke Two More

My aunt (my mom's sister) has now been fighting breast cancer for over six months. She's being quite the trooper, handling the situation so well.

But she's in a lot of pain and doesn't want to take her prescribed medicine (not to say I blame her, some of those meds are scary), nor does she want to take any depression meds either.

So I brought up the idea of getting some medical marijuana a few weeks ago.

To put it mildly, my aunt FREAKED OUT. Now, I know that she's very religious, and I get that. But I don't recall the Bible saying anything about Thou Shall Not Dance with the Mary Jane. Marijuana is one of the few natural pain relievers. Plus, it would give her the munchies, which in turn will make her eat, which will give her body fuel to keep fighting the cancer.

Yesterday I found out that my uncle (my mom's brother -- she has eight siblings) has prostate cancer. He's VERY CATHOLIC (and keeps fighting with me on belief systems). What's the odds I can convince him to partake of a little of the ganja?

And for the record, I'm not a pot-head. In fact, I've only had one hit. And I giggled for three hours after that. Just like there is a time and a place for alcohol, there should be appropriate times to partake of other natural resources that will help your body.

And it's not like I would really be of any help to them. I don't even know how to roll a doobie.

(Can you tell I'm still sick?)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go back to bed.

Nutbar.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry about your aunt and your uncle. Maybe you could bake them some brownines.

Anonymous said...

Ha ha - hashish brownies. ; )
What a great idea.