Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Everybody Was Kung Fu Fighting

So, Aaron finally got home yesterday afternoon. The first thing I said to him was, "You're taking me out to dinner."

We went to Outback Steakhouse, where they have a gluten-free menu.

Dinner was a fiasco and took over two hours. Every 15 minutes, Aaron kept reminding me, "I really hate this. You realize I hate this, don't you?" After an hour and a half of his reminders -- and an hour and a half of the children screaming -- I stopped laughing.

They do not know how to make gluten-free rice. And they were completely incompetent at making Darwin a dairy-free steak.

They did comp our dinner but I didn't get a brownie. Damn it.

------------------------------------------------------------

Our washer and dryer are scheduled to be delivered tomorrow between 3 and 7 p.m. Yeah, we'll see if Aaron's still in town for it.

------------------------------------------------------------

Apparently, Darwin is under the impression that my name is not "Mommy." He keeps calling me Money.

------------------------------------------------------------

Both boys are running fevers after having motrin an hour ago. Nice.

8 comments:

Alicia A. said...

Ahhhh, crappy day. You know what I just decided- and I'm sure you've never thought of this- Aaron needs a different job.

P.S. You know we spend the rest of the day singing the songs you're titles come from.

laura capello said...

Good. I'm GLAD.

Because Beki did a Chicago song this past weekend, I couldn't get that damn thing out of my head. Damn near drove me crazy. :-)

Anonymous said...

sorry your having a crappy day. at least you're getting your new washing machine and dryer tomorrow. wash aaron's underwear with some red stuff :) heehee

Anonymous said...

Yuck city! I can't believe it took you an hour and a half to stop laughing. I'd been sour as soon as we got there. Hope your babies are feeling better soon and that your hubby can perhaps stay in town for the day.
good luck with the washer deliver.
(did ya get that bag email?)

Anonymous said...

Ugh - I hope your boys feel better. This nasty...whatever it is that's going around really sucks.Thanks for the comment on my blog! it's nice to hear it from a BTDT momma. :-)

Marshamlow said...

I was so excited when you mentioned a gluten-free menu at Outback, I love Outback. Now not so much. Hope your boys are better soon and yeah on the washer and dryer!

diana said...

an hour and a half with two kids???
You really really really wanted to
go out... the things we do !

Anonymous said...

Hope the boys are doing better and the new washer/dryer are humming along.

Thanks. Now I'm going to be humming "kung fu fighting" the rest of the day.