Thursday, February 02, 2006

Corners of My Home

I love, love, LOVE being nosey. So this is right up my alley...

For my first participation of "Corners of My Home," (brilliantly developed by Amanda at SouleMama) may I present a small area in an even smaller kitchen...


This is the small butcher block countertop (which really? It is gross. Needs work, but I don't know how to refinish it) between the fridge and the stove.

My mother-in-law purchased the old blue colander from and antique store after I fell in love with it (yes, it is filled with organic fruit; we are getting to be quite "crunchy").

I painted the two pieces of pottery at a local store (and re-fell in love with painting pottery). I did the pitcher first, and the store was closing soon so I didn't let it dry enough between layers so the paint job came out muddled. But the small tray - that I use as a spoon rest - came out perfectly.

For more snooping, go here.

2 comments:

Alicia A. said...

No, no. The pitcher is cool.

laura capello said...

I like the drippy part, but not where the solid color should be.

But I'm coping...