Tuesday, January 17, 2006

I Always Feel Like Somebody's Watchin' Me...

As Tom pointed out recently, it is damn near impossible to buy adequate cold medicine without getting harassed.

Last night I was sent on an Osco trip to get cold and flu meds for all three boys -- all three needing different stuff: adult, children's and infants.

Holy Fucking Shit. They needed my driver's license AND made me sign a form. You've got to be kidding me.

Now, I realize that I live near the Meth Capitol of the World, but if everyone's this concerned, why aren't the major players coming up with new formulas?

And on a side note: It took me AND a pharmacist over an hour to find me a gluten-free vitamin. What the Fuck?

2 comments:

Marshamlow said...

Gluten-free vitamins, I had no idea such an animal existed. Hope your family is feeling better soon. I saw on tv today that the rate of Autism in the US is rising, it looks to be at about the same level that the rate of Celiac has risen, coincidence? I also am noticing that since 99.9% of everything in the store contains wheat is that a factor?

laura capello said...

Yep -- people with Autism should eat a gluten/dairy/casin free diet.

It has already helped Griffin with his Sensory Integration Disorder (and his Occupation Therapist said he's "borderline Autistic).