Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Winter, Spring, Summer or Fall, All You Gotta Do is Call. And I'll Be There (I'll Come Runnin'); You've Got a Friend

Yesterday my best friend was in town from Wisconsin. It was great to see her and her family, even though our visit was short. I just wish her circumstances for coming to town were different.

She called me Friday night to let me know they'd be in Monday, which gave me just enough time to make this...

(Look at me! I was productive!)

This is a gift for her son's first birthday later this month. I totally saved shipping charges by getting it done now.

Speaking of her son...


Isn't he the cutest cubbycheekerssnugglybumpkins you've ever seen? I consider him my nephew (my friends are the closest I'll ever get to having siblings, and my best friend and I have been friends for more than half our lives). He's holding the first baby blanket I ever made (a "graduation gift" of getting discharged from the NICU; he was born three months too early). And it's his wubbie. And he throws a fit when it gets washed. So, of course, I had to make him another for his birthday.

I simply can't have my baby throwing fits, now can I?

(And my friend's hair? Is naturally that red and that curly. If she wasn't such a wonderful person, I might have to hate her.)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

those cheeks, the chubbier the better!

colorfool said...

Cute blankets and cheeks too!

lindiepindie said...

Is that minkee dot? I love that stuff and have been trying to think of an excuse to use it. I'm a purs-aholic, but unfortunately it's probably not great purse fabric. My kiddos had/have big cheeks, too and I love them - here' a big smooch for his big cheeks! You did a nice job pairing the colors with your minkee blanets.

lindiepindie said...

Um... I mean blanKets.

Anonymous said...

I must say so myself. He is a cutie, but I am his mommy. He loves the new blankie. He won't only sleep with one of them, but has to have both of them. He pulls them up to his face and smiles.
It was great to see you. I miss you lots. Thank you so much for everything.

Love your Wisconsin Best Friend