Thursday, March 23, 2006

Overheard at My House

While I was changing Darwin's diaper...

"Yes, Darwin, I know you love your penis. But I need to put your diaper on now."

"Yeah, Mommy doesn't like penis, Darwin."

"Uh, Griffin? I don't have a penis."

"You don't? Did yours break off?"

"No, I wasn't born with a penis. I have a vagina."

"You have a dagina?"

"Yes, I have a vagina. Boys have a penis, girls have a vagina. And I'm a girl."

"Oh..." ::thinking:: ::Comes over to me and UNBUTTONS MY PANTS::

"Um, Griffin? Whatcha doin'?"

"I wanna see your dagina."

"No, that's not appropriate."

"But you've seen my penis. I wanna see your dagina. Please? Please, please?"

"No. You know how no one is allowed to look or touch you where you wear your underpants? You're not allowed to look or touch anyone else where they wear their underpants."

"So I can't see your dagina?"

"No."

"Otay. I'll wait and see Ella's."

OH MY GAWD. THIS CHILD.

6 comments:

colorfool said...

oh my!
Keely is fixated on "booty" right now. "Oh mommy you have a cute little booty. Let me see it."
AHHHH!
kids.

Alicia A. said...

I know the days are numbered until I catch Jack and dear Zoe in a round of "You show me yours, I'll show you mine."

Tom said...

Hehe. You need a reality show at your house. As Bill Cosby always says, "Kids say the darndest things."

Samantha said...

This fascination starts young - and I don't think they ever grow out of it!!

P.S. I am the only woman in a house of males, Testosterone overload

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry that I'm having a laugh at your expense... that was darn funny. Don't worry - I'm sure we'll be playing a similar dialogue soon.

Anonymous said...

Someday I may have to start a blog just to share all of my children's penis-related comments. It would have a limited audience, probably, but it's comic gold. ;)