Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Come On Baby, Finished What You Started. I'm Incomplete

Okay, I have a horrible learning curve. Oh well...


This took me 14 hours to make. Yes, 14. And lots of seam ripping. Lots and lots of seam ripping.

(Do not make fun of my fabric leftovers! What do you expect when I've got two boys? And no, I did not forget to post Griffin's completed birthday blanket. It was done, got washed and a bunch of fucking seams popped, and I've been diligently sewing those closed by hand. When it is officially completed, I'll post. Just hope I don't set the damn thing on fire first.)

But see how pretty it is?


So, prototype one is down. I was going to make two practice ones, but my MIL's birthday is quickly approaching AND Aaron came home last night saying he was getting picked up to go out of town at 4am this morning.

So...


This one took me two hours to make. And I didn't think that was all that damn bad.


See the pretty lining?

So, now I have to pack it up and ship it.

Oh, yeah -- and because Aaron's out of town, our washer and dryer are not being delivered until Tuesday. Damndamndamn.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

YIPPEEE!!! you got it! it looks great! nice color combo! i'm sure your mil will love love love.

Alicia A. said...

Laura,

It (they both) look fabulous! I knew you'd get it. You're clever like that.

Woo hoo!

colorfool said...

YAHOOOOO! You did it! I LOVE the green one. Great work. Is it corny to say, "I'm so proud of you." ? Well, call me corny. I knew you'd get it. I hope she loves the bag.

Anonymous said...

Wow, two hours is pretty good! I don't think I can whip one out that quickly. Both bags look great.

Tom said...

That dinosaur bag is HOT. You could seriously sell those.....

Marshamlow said...

Both bags are so awesome. You rock! I am officially going to try it! You are such an inspiration, I love having things to get excited about, tasks outside the mundane and accomplishments. Thanks for sharing.

diana said...

Those bags are darling !! Great job !
Sorry to hear that the washer-dryer
saga has not ended... but soon.... very soon !

Mia said...

Hey, that first bag looks awesome and not bad at all and I don't consider 14 hours anything other than a world record.. It would have taken ME weeks.

But then on the second bag, I see the difference! Much more polished and professional looking! Great job!

Anonymous said...

Those look great, and I love the dinosaur print!

Kim said...

I am impressed by your ability to apply a related songtitle to each post.
Love the dinosaur bag - Dino's are big around our house, these days - but I really check in for the song titles.

Anonymous said...

The bags are SWEET! Love the green one... but then I'm pretty partial to all things green. :

Are we long lost sisters? The first tote I made was last year for a tote swap. I ripped it out SEVEN times. For the life of me I couldn't figure out how you sewed it together so the lining went back into the bag... duh. I was weeping... WEEPING... over a sewing project.

Of course now I'm a pro. :)~ hehehe.

Anonymous said...

They both look great!

Anonymous said...

Damn girl. You are talented. Now go out and strut your stuff and forget the laundry.

Anonymous said...

beautiful!!!!

Anonymous said...

They green bag looks really lovely - very summery. I love it!