Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Well I Gosh Darn Gone and Done It

Last night, I mailed out Colorfool's swap package (okay, that's a lie. I made Aaron mail it for me).

Here's a little glimpse at what she's getting...


Obviously, she doesn't realize I took the "slacker" theme Very Seriously.

(I joke! I joke! Gawd.)

Okay, here's the real teaser...


Hmmm...

And here is photographic evidence that Mother Nature can really act like a Mean Old Hag with a Horrible Sense of Humor...


My backyard.


The tulip tree.

My lilac bush.



And the tulips. Not my tulips! Aaaaaarrrrrrgggggghhhhhh!!!!!!

6 comments:

colorfool said...

Oh you are tooooo funny. A box o baby. I laugh.
Pretty pink things all for me? oh boy oh boy and they are wrapped and everything, with purty ribbons! 8-)You better had remembered the slacker part, or I'm coming to kick some bootie.
Snow! What the ? Snow?
That's a saucer magnolia tree. I got one of them too. No snow on it though.

laura capello said...

Oh. We've always called it a tulip tree. Do magnolias grow in Kansas?

Pretty pink things all for the ladies in your house (yes, there is a "s" there).

colorfool said...

I was wondering the same thing..magnolia's in Kansas? Oh why not. A present for the kinderbot too! Ugh. I am such a jerk. Feelin' like a loser now.

laura capello said...

Don't feel like a loser! I already had the items before you said you didn't pack anything for the boys.

NO BIG DEAL!

Got your box this afternoon, but I haven't opened it yet. It is VERY heavy and I cannot believe you paid the $10.90 shipping charge!

colorfool said...

I did not pay 10. for the shipping, my husband did. He is NOT a cheapskate like me! 8-) You're gonna wanna dump the whole thing out probably. I stuffed all the "junk" all over and under. I didn't want anything to get crinkled or broken. I hope it is all safe. 8-)

laura capello said...

It is all safe!

And someone didn't take the "slacker" aspect seriously!