Saturday, June 14, 2008

Whats it Gonna Take to Make a Dream Survive?

There's nothing like getting something completed right under the wire.


For the local challenge: this week's meal was last night's dinner. (Um, got that? I'm not sure I have enough apostrophes in there.)

In olive oil, I sauteed onions, zucchini, cauliflower and green beans with salt, pepper and Tandoori Seasoning. Then, I added some leftover sausage and lo, dinner was complete.

The onions, zucchini, cauliflower, green beans and sausage were all from my CSA. And all the other ingredients are from the list of things we're allowed to use.

Dinner was super-yummy, although I will say I ate it vegetarian style (Aaron ate the plate above). Something is making me sick (and only me) and we're having problems figuring out what it is. Initially, I thought the sausage wasn't gluten-free (our farmer says it is, but it could have gotten contaminated), but I'm the only one getting sick. Then I thought it might be the zucchini (I can't eat melons and apparently squash are very related) and that's still a possibility. Then Aaron thought the sausage might have been treated with antibiotics and that would explain why I'm sick and no one else. So, hi. Laura's not eating lately. But last night's spicy veggies were yummy and yes, that's all I ate for dinner.

Whew.

Also: food allergies suck ass.

4 comments:

Debbie said...

As a veggie, the meat-free version would suit me just fine, but the meal in the photo looks lovely anyway!

Anonymous said...

Did the boys eat that? I would love to get my girls to eat those veggies!

laura capello said...

no, darwin's allergic to the green beans and zucchini and i like to feed the boys the same meal. :-)

Heidijayhawk said...

looks great to me. hope you are feeling a bit better.