Saturday, November 17, 2007

If They Were Me and I Was You, Would You Have Liked a Present Too?

"Hey, Laura. I was talking to Bobby. You remember Bobby, right? Kathy's friend's son?"

"Um... yeah..."

"Well we were talking and he's single again and having a hard time finding dates..."

"Uh-huh..."

"And I told him I'd ask you if you had any single friends."

"Um. Dad? He's significantly younger than me."

"No, he's not. He's your age."

"No, his brother is my age. He's way younger than me."

"How old are you?"

"Jesus, Dad. Thanks for remembering. I'm ::gulp:: 30."

"Holy shit you got old. Bobby's 23."

"THANKS A LOT, DAD. YOU DO REALIZE YOU'RE THE ONE DRAGGING ME INTO OLD AGE."

"Fuck. How old does this make me?"

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

my dad genuinely never used to know how old he was. he had to count on from the year he was born to the year we were in. now, sometimes, he's still not sure when he's asked.

World Wide Alternative said...

Nice slap in the in the face with a cold fish!
At least you're even though...

Jazz said...

That's hysterical! My Dad would pull a similar stunt if given the opportunity.

Chickenbells said...

See? That's what eating all that Stove Top does to a person...

lera said...

Time is going too fast. I swear I was just 30 yesterday. ha ha ha

futuregirl said...

Every year on my birthday my Dad says, "I'm not old enough to have a daughter x-years-old." It was funny the first 15 times ... :)

Anonymous said...

30? Um... yeah, I'm not talking to you about that. :D

I was going to feel all sorry for you, with the leaves and all...having to rake all that up. Now. Not so much. You're young and spry.

Note to self: don't plant trees. :D