Monday, August 21, 2006

I Was Dreamin' When I Wrote This, Forgive Me If it Goes Astray

My brain is all, duuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrr.

The weekend was a whirlwind of preparing for Aaron to go out of town. While he was hyperventilating, I was trying to keep him calm.

"We'll be fine. Have a fun a trip."

"Stop worrying so much, we'll be fine"

"I know this is your first trip out since I broke my foot, we'll be fine. Don't worry about it."

And I was fine.

Until Darwin got sick last night.

Vomit, screaming, monstrous scratching ensued.

By 2 am I thought life would be much better if I'd get the gumption up to stab my ear drums with needles. Certainly, that had to be better than listening to Dora and Boots contemplate, "River, Big Rock, Crocodile Lake" and Darwin screaming, "Backpack! Back pack! Backpack!" and "Tiper, no tieping! Tiper, no tieping!"

At 4:30, I finally decided, fuck this shit, and took Darwin upstairs to bed with me. The little punk was asleep in two seconds.

And?

And?

And?

He popped up at 7 am happy as clam and ready to start the day.

Now, please excuse me as I go bang my head against wall. I'm hoping for a concussion to put me out of my misery.

14 comments:

PamKittyMorning said...

Good luck. With the concussion that is.

Oh and the rest of the day.

Anonymous said...

If you're like me: you are saying all those nice, supportive things, but inside your head you're screaming silently "Hell no... don't leave!!!"

stupid foot.

Anonymous said...

so sorry about everything!!!

traveling husband (again) and sick boy (again)!!!! i can't really believe how often your kids are sick! (i canNOT handle vomit!!! i'd be sick, too!!! you are much stronger than i in that department!)

joe is going out of town this week for a couple of days, i hope noone in my house gets sick then!!!! ( XX fingers)

laura capello said...

My kids get sick so often because of their allergies -- Griffin's allergic to six things and Darwin is allergic to over 250. When something sneaks in, he gets sick for a few days.

And vomit really isn't all that bad. I'm rather use to it.

LLA said...

Argh!

When's Aaron due back????

Anonymous said...

Bluck!
2 points for co-sleeping! ;-P
0 points for 1 hour of sleep though. You do drink coffee right? No head banging though, k? Don't need any more problems. Glad he's feeling better too.

Anonymous said...

Ooh, that was not a good night! You need a nice bar of dark chocolate or something! (Is there gluten in that?)

What's all this "backpack" stuff? I guess maybe I don't watch enough children's TV.

Marshamlow said...

My Lily gets sick from her allergies a lot too. It is hard. I have decided not to do pre-school because I have so much trouble keeping her safe, I don't trust that it can happen in a preschool setting. We get the vomiting and diarrhea too, and a very cranky girl. I hope that you are able to get a nap or at least go to bed early.

Anonymous said...

Why was he sick??? Ugh. Poor you. And MME is my minds eye. :)

diana said...

noooooo dont bang your head.... stupid foot is enough... you need to write a book ...and a cookbook... you make me laugh everytime I come over here... thank you !!

Anonymous said...

Oh no! I'm glad Darwin is better but I'm afraid their is no cure for you. You will hear that damn Dora over and over... she is so annoying. And why don't these things happen when it is convenient?!

beki said...

Yikes! Poor Darwin. I'm glad to hear that he's better.

Oh, and thanks for getting that annoying as hell Dora stuck on my head. Not having to listen to her is one positive in going back to work. My boy is obsessed.

Kim -today's creative blog said...

Oh My gosh! I totally know how this feels! Of course it's worse with your husband out of town.
The last time Lucas had the stomach flu, over course it was night, he threw up every 30 min for 6 hours, then I had to leave at 5am to teach classes and didn't return home til 11am. Do you think Lucas took a nap when I got home? Nope.
I so feel your pain. I hope he's better.

Anonymous said...

Yikes. What a nightmare! I hope the little bugger is feeling better soon so you can get some sleep.