Monday, August 14, 2006

Destination Unknown; Ruby, Ruby, Ruby, Ruby Soho

It is becoming increasingly typical that the children are having a harder and harder time going upstairs. Perhaps this has something to do with my broken foot (yes, I blame it for everything) or with the fact that Aaron leaves in a week for a six-day trip and the tension is already beginning to rise. In any case, no one wants to go upstairs; there is more and more fighting, vomiting and fits involved.

When such a case arises, we put something saved from the DVR on to watch. And it's not saved Charlie and Lola or Max and Ruby or any other cartoon that is titled Character A and Character B. We put on our shows.

Typically, we watch something about Freemasons. Or pyramids. Or Doomsday 2012. Or the Mysterious Heads of Easter Island. Last night, I chose The Girls Next Door.

I figured this would go over well. Griffin loves boobies. Unfortunately, I could barely hear the girls' anxieties over shooting their next Playboy pictorial because Griffin kept adding his two cents to the show.

As in, "Mommy, I like your boobies more." Or, "Mommy, their boobies are scary." And, "Mommy, where's their nipples?" And let us not forget, "Mommy, you've got the best boobies in the whole wide world."

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uh.
Are you kidding? Sometimes I just don't know.
I'm really missing out on the good stuff by not having cable aren't I? If only we could sit around watching boobie shows. Maybe you should ALL go upstairs...and pray. ha ha ha ha ha...
8-)

beki said...

Ahh, boobies. Who doesn't like boobies? Griffin is right on with many of his comments!

Anonymous said...

my children have been fighting more lately too! school MUST start soon or I will go nuts!!!

and it seems you were paid a nice compliment from your son ...

laeroport said...

Wow. That's all I can say. Wow. ;)

Anonymous said...

I'd not heard of this show! Funny comments -- especially the "scary" one. :)

Ali said...

Have no idea what this show is, but take your compliments where you can get them I say!

kirsten said...

No one ever loves your boobies as much as your breast-fed children! Sadly, they are also the ones who are responsible for them now pointing south.

Tom said...

That kid of yours is hilarious!

Marshamlow said...

You have ruined that poor child for his future wife. I can just see him telling her to keep her shirt on he prefers his mommies boobies.

LLA said...

Wow! And to think, I just recently got questioned for allowing my child to watch "PeeWee's Playhouse!"

PeeWee is a genius...

Anonymous said...

What a sweetie! He knows that mama's boobies are the best!!! I'm sure by the time he is in high school, he will have other ideas though. Enjoy it while you can.

Kim -today's creative blog said...

Another good laugh. Thank you!

Samantha said...

My son is 8 and he is still boobie obssessed too. I think it's something that boys just never grow out of.

My confession is through my addiction my sons are also addicted to Dog the Bounty Hunter too!

PamKittyMorning said...

Again, hilarious. Yes, it's hard being one of Hef's girls isn't it. I can snark here, my darling daughter, 18, loves those girls. Even the stupid one. Every mother's dream.