Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Ha, Ha, Woman it's a Cryin' Shame, But You Ain't Got Nobody Else to Blame

I got this spiffy magnet cloth to clean the computer screen and whilst I was cleaning I wiped everywhere and all of the sudden the internets didn't work.

I ran down to the basement (because, you know, I don't know a better place to keep all the internets equipment other than in the basement next to the favoritist place for the basement to flood with the power strip set precariously on top of a shoe box; okay, actually I do know a better place but that would require Aaron relinquishing the "cave" and getting rid of his hoarding issues and that shit ain't happening) (in my sever frenzy, I just said "ain't" and I DON'T SAY AIN'T) to reboot the basement computer, ran upstairs and the internets didn't work still.

Half an hour of rebooting, rebooting, turning power cords off and rebooting later, I realize I swiped my wireless button clean and turned the internets off.

Good God, it's amazing the Universe trusted me with children.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good stuff. Found you through Stoned Knitter. Saw where you're at. Used to live around those parts, back in the dark ages. Will be checking in regularly.

Anonymous said...

ha ha!
i once (furiously) called the IT department down at the beginning of the lesson, very cross because the new stuff they'd installed wasn't working even though it'd worked the day before, it was all a big hoo-ha and guess what? it wasn't turned on.

Chickenbells said...

Just don't swipe the boys and you'll be ok! Unless...

I'm wondering though, could you swipe the cave all while simultaneously swiping Aaron and have the hoarding issues all cleared up? That's gonna' take some planning...

Anonymous said...

As if anyone would ever turn their internet off voluntarily! (Well, maybe they would, but not in this house.)

Anonymous said...

Ha ha. Totally something I'd do.

I've always thought it was funny that just any person anywhere could have a kid, but they make you fill out 1000 forms and consent to a home visit to adopt a dog. The world is weird!!!!

Anonymous said...

isnt it funny how the sheer thought of losing internet access for an unspecified period of time can be paralizing !?!? good god what is the world coming to when we are not able to delete our spam mail and cruise the net!?!?!?
tamy
simplymein

beki said...

that sounds exactly like something I would do.

Anonymous said...

That reminds me of the April Fools Day when I went around the office and put post-it notes on the bottom of everyone's optical mouse, rendering them useless. Heh. Heh!
I don't even know what a wireless button is.

Kim -today's creative blog said...

at least your mess up was easier to fix than my computer issues this week.

lera said...

At least it was an easy fix!