Friday, May 11, 2007

When I, You and Everyone We Knew Could Believe, Do, and Share in What Was True

Yesterday the awesome Samantha tagged me to pick my five favorite sites.

Wha? Just five? Huh?

Considering that I have 158 feeds in bloglines, a folder of 14 more sites that aren't available on bloglines and a folder of four sites to check weekly and yeah that gets a little overwhelming.

So... here's some people that I love that you may not know about.

Oil Cloth Junkie -- I heart Michelle. Big, gushy-gushy heart love with sprinkles and sequins. She is my new best friend, and knows it as well. Did you know we live in a hand basket going to hell together? We do. It's lined in purple velvet and it's oh, so comfortable. She lives in Lawrence, about an hour away from me, with her husband and two kids. And she makes stuff, lots of stuff. And lives with color, lots and lots of color. And she even let her husband rip out part of their driveway for a garden plot. Seriously, seriously, awesome.

Tomfoolery -- Tommy doesn't update too often, but when he does it usually contains snarky commentary of his homosexual escapades, which let's face it: that's hawt. And he totally talks smack about famous people and doles out free advice that they don't take, but should.

Meegan Blue -- Meegan is awesome. Meegan has been writing as long as I have (actually, a month longer) and tells of her life as a mom (she has three kids -- that's more kids than hands; MORE KIDS THAN HANDS, PEOPLE) and the struggle to find some time to craft and make stuff too (hmmm... sounds familiar).

This is Me -- Laura has more than she knows what to do with. A single mom of a very awesome special needs boy and a crafter, she is a Wonder Woman to be looked up to. And her tales make me want to buy a gun and open fire at insurance companies.

Craft Junkie -- Emy and her husband and son are currently living in Italy (Italy! Italy! Italy!), she too is a fabulous crafter who makes all sorts of fabulous stuff, including recently boiling plastic spoons and turning them into jewelry. I'm totally not kidding. Jewelery. And it is adorable.

So, there. You can choose to play along. Or not. I'm a rule breaker like that.

Yesterday I did manage to get out and plant all my flowers...


::sigh:: Children. Gah. They always dodge into the frame at the last moment, don't they? Here's a close-up...


Ah. Much better.

Friday Lego love

And for extra fun, has anyone heard about this yet?



It's a documentary on the new wave of indie craft in America. I'm all over that.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic video. Thank you so much for posting it. I'm so excited!

Oil Cloth Junkie said...

-blushing-
I HEART YOU TOO!
My handbasket would be oh, so lonely without you!

And since I'm lame and can't play videos at work, is it about the pinup latch hook rugs? I love those!

Unknown said...

That looks like the coolest movie ever! Thanks for sharing.

Angelina said...

Can I join you guys in the handbasket? Because I'm in one of my own and no one has joined me in it yet.

Or do I swear too much?

Your flowers look so cheerful. I notice there's no rain in that shot too. Yay!

Anonymous said...

I feel so honored! You're one of my faves too!

nuttnbunny said...

Thanks for all the great links!!!

lera said...

I have to laugh at the little Darwin (?) poking in the frame. When we first bought our house we took a lot of "before" pictures. Taylor was somehow in almost every one. It was like a "Where's Waldo?" Not on purpose though. (And he was usually dressed in camos like his dad.)

Kim -today's creative blog said...

you're not my friend anymore. :)
(said in my best preschool voice)

Stacey said...

Hi
I checked you out through Samantha's top five. Great blog, really good reading.
I look forward to reading more.
Stacey

Anonymous said...

I haven't been to any of these before - thanks for the introductions.

Anonymous said...

Yay for cool blogs and indie crafting docs! The planters look great and may guilt me into doing something the the empty buckets of dirt next to my front door.

LJ said...

Aww! Well thank you for the mention today. You're a doll!
The flowers are gorgeous just like you! :D

Berber said...

Wow, you've got steps to your frontdoor... tres chique!

You can call me Betty, or Bethany, or Beth ...Just don't call me late for dinner. said...

Happy Mother's Day Laura!!!!
Hope it is a crafty adventure!
( ... step 2: cut a hole in the box..)

Meegan Blue said...

Hey! Thanks for the mention! And really, right back at ya' with the blog love. Eric and I have singing "My dick in a box..." (rather, humming the tune and cracking up, 'cause we'd never say words like that in front of the kids...right?) ever since I saw it here.

You're the best! Happy Mother's day, sweet girl.

xo
Meegan

Renee said...

Love your flowers. I planted some this weekend too, but some are already biting the dust. Sigh.

Chara Michele said...

My cats do that last minute dodge into the picture when I am trying to take one.