Tuesday, May 29, 2007

We've Known Each Other for So Long

The trip to St. Louis was fantastic.


I got to see my bestest friend, Amy, and her son, Dylan.


Who is quite possibly the most serious and contemplative two-year old ever.

We had a great time running around, going shopping, eating lunch (at Mimi's Cafe and Carrabba's -- both of which have gluten-free menus) and visiting Trader Joe's.

Which, by the way, Trader Joe's sucked ass. They had only two gluten-free cereals and three gluten-free breads (all of which were As Hard As A Rock, I Swear To Gawd). And the employees were rude (assholes!) and unknowledgable.

They did, however, have really, really cheap wine.

Anyway, I had left for St. Louis at 6:30 am and got home at 12:15 am so Sunday was spent sleeping (thank Aaron!) (he's trying to score brownie points before he sets off for a three week business trip) (which coincides over Darwin's birthday) (so he's in the dog house) (seriously).

The rest of the three day weekend was spent cooking...


gluten-free lemon cake and gluten-free cream cheese raspberry muffins (need sunlight for pictures of those) (and I need to choose one to post today).

And now back to real life, aka - dishes and laundry and dusting and cleaning bathrooms and...

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

back to 'real life' for us too, today.

who needs real life anyway?

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good time! Sorry to hear about Trader Joe's suckiness. But their Two-Buck Chuck is pretty good, even though it's really $3.00, not $2.00.

PamKittyMorning said...

I am super glad you had some fun. A day out and then a day sleeping is like gold isn't it?

LLA said...

So glad that you and Amy (and Dylan) had a super fab time. Sorry, and quite surprised to hear about TJ's - I'm no expert since we only recently got them here in the ATL, but I'm just smitten by them totally. Sounds like that one is the exception to hte rule (which still doesn't make it suck any less...)

Chickenbells said...

mmmm...food looks good. I didn't know Mimi's had gluten free on the menu...I love Mimi's! I hope you had a wonderful time...drink a bottle of wine and get to cleanin'!

nuttnbunny said...

Wierd on Trader Joe's. They should know better than to provide cheap alcohol following bad service. Pissed off drunk customers = not good.

MichelleB said...

Real life means you have to clean? Hmmmm - no real living goes on here, then.

lera said...

Glad you're home safe and sound and had a great time with your bestest friend.

Joe is getting ready to leave me for 2 weeks. I feel your pain. (Although he is not missing any birthdays this time.)

I found Lego fruit snacks at Target this weekend. I thought of you, but your children would probably be allergic to them.

Chara Michele said...

Sounds like you had a fun time (other than trader joe's)!

Real life = cleaning = Can I just live in my own little world...

Marshamlow said...

Glad you had a good weekend, sorry to hear Aaron will be away so long. You are so pretty in your picture.

amy h said...

Sounds like a good visit. I'm glad you got to sleep in and recover -- and prep for that super-long business trip!

Raspberry cream cheese muffins sound really, really yummy.

Kim -today's creative blog said...

glad you had a great day. Sounds a bit exhausting though.
Trader Joe's did you wrong? I would complain. They are usually so good here.

Soo said...

That lemon cake looks delicious......yum!!!

Anonymous said...

that cake looks delish - anything with lemon I say.

Anonymous said...

glad you had a little escape. i can't decide if getting away for a day or two makes me feel better or worse. you know, because i see what i'm missing! course i wouldn't trade places with anyone, even on the hard days.

going to drink some two buck chuck right now, and yes, they replace the flour in their gluten-free products with buckshot. every gluten-free thing i've tried from there sucks.

Joanne : The Simple Wife said...

So glad you had a great time with your friend. Aren't friends you've known for a long time the best? And how disappointing about TJs...personally I miss the Fruit Floss popsicles the most...Mmm...

Heidijayhawk said...

so glad you had a great weekend! sounds like a blast!

Anonymous said...

So glad you had a wonderful time - and Dylan is TOO cute - those eyes!!! And your cak - YUM. TJ's I only go to for nuts. I can't remember if you are allergic to nuts or not, though I KNOW you are one. LOL.