Monday, May 08, 2006

When the World Never Seems to be Livin' Up to Your Dreams

Why must the weekends fly by so quickly? Why must I be allergic to everything (including Sno-caps. Damn you Sno-caps!)

Anyway, our weekend started out like this...


And then we discovered this...


Aphids on the rose bushes. Fuckin' aphids.

So then we went and bought some of these...


Who then gobbled up the aphids...


... and liked me way too much...


Did you know ladybugs bite? And, yeah, it kinda hurts!

Then yesterday the front yard started out looking like this...


... and then looked like this...


... and finally this...


... and, yes, that took all damn day. And I'm sore.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least the ladybugs are pretty! That's a cool photo with them all over your hands...then again, it kinda gives me the heebie-jeebies.
The flower bed looks great! You're getting a work out over there.

diana said...

Your front flower bed looks great !
All that fresh air !

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh, look at all those ladybugs!
did you get my package? you got me worried, are you allergic to them too?

lera said...

Ladybugs DO bite! I never knew it until we moved to Columbus, OH, a few years ago. OUCH! I don't think they bite in MD, though!

Your front yard looks great! I'm jealous!

Anonymous said...

Wow, busy weekend! I love all of your photos.

LLA said...

darn you - I just realized that I've been humming to myself "You take the good / You take the bad / You take them both and there you have...."

ACK! For getting that stuck in my head, I sentence you to be bitten by 30 ladybugs.
What?
You already did that?
Then I guess we're even...

I'm exhausted just imagining all the hard work you did - but it looks great!

Joanna said...

You might be sore and bug-bitten, but your flower bed is gorgeous (and so are those kids!).

Ali said...

Never mind the fact that they bite - I'm just blown away that you can BUY them! Hope they are doing the trick.

hannah said...

that certainly is some weekend. sno-caps! i love those things, its been ages... nice work on the front yard, are you for hire by any chance? :)

Mia said...

oooohhhh, but so pretty!!!

Anonymous said...

Hello! What a ...cute blog ;o)

Unknown said...

I thought it was only a certain variety of them that actually nibbled...