Thursday, May 04, 2006

Ain't Nothing Gonna Break My Stride, Ain't Nothing Gonna Hold Me Down; Oh No, I've Got to Keep on Moving

The rain has stopped! But only for a moment. And super-cloudy days are The Best Days to Take Pictures...


The knockout roses in the front yard.


Do you see how much work I have to do? Cool the rain for a few days, Mother Nature!


The sage is flowering.


As is one miniature iris.


The peonies are considering flowering. But not yet.


Don't know what this is, it is really small and it's not coming back as full as it use to be (uh-oh).


The alliums are blooming. Every year the blooms are getting smaller. I'm thinking this has something to do with the fact that we don't fertilize the gardens. Hell, they're lucky if we water them a little in the droughts.


Heirloom rose. This damn plant is growing in the middle of a pathway. Drives. Me. Crazy.


Eh, same alliums, different angle (oh, goddess, the weeds. The weeds!).



Best. Picture. Of. The. Day.


Yeah, yeah, same alliums. That's all that is blooming right now.

So, last night after going to the chiropractor I stopped at a scrapbook store close by and picked up some stock...


This is what my normal stuff looks like -- loud, bright, playful.

Well, they are having a competition. And I got peer-pressured into participating...


What. The. Fuck. Was. I. Thinking?

Did I suffer from some brain damage from my seizures? Why, why, why did I buy the package and agree to do the competition? WHY? WHAT WAS I THINKING INTERNET? WHAT?

And don't tell me, "Stepping out of your norm is good for you, you'll expand your horizons and blah, blah, blah."

And, no, I haven't made anything yet today. But I have nine hours left. I'll make somethin', damn it.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic garden pics - we are just coming into the seaspon heating up so I am looking forward to everything blooming over the next couple of months.\

Anyway get on with your competition entry!!

Joanna said...

What are you doing to me with all your song titles? Yes, thanks to you, I'll have break-a my stride going through my head all day! Your garden is gorgeous. I love alliums! And we have a peony here, but it doesn't bloom, it just has leaves. HUH???

Tom said...

I think you should do a scrapbook just of all your flowers and gardening and stuff. And then you can name them. Like Peter the Peony or Alice the Allium.... How hot would that be?!?! You'd definitely win with that!

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, that peer pressure thing just sucks!

Anonymous said...

it'll be good for you... broaden horizons... challenge yourself...


OK, I'll shut up.

diana said...

Love those alliums...
I think it is great that you
are stepping out of your comfort zone... hee hee

Anonymous said...

Your garden is looking completely lovely -- I do not notice any weeds at all through those lovely alliums. I love those! Our plants are really begging for a good top dress with compost too. Must find time.

Anonymous said...

You know what you are? Do you? A flower floozy - teasing others with your lucious garden...LOL.

I KWYM about SB stuff. I was on 2 design teams and had to quit both because I hated HAVING to create something with materials that I am less than crazy about! It sucked.

yeah, um...good luck with that. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Look at all the flippin' flowers! WOW! And your camera takes pretty photos too! I like the scrap stuff you picked out, but snooze-a-roo on that package stuff. Can you add anything or can you ONLY use that stuff? bah. Looking forward to what you come up with.

lera said...

I have been singing "break my stride" since Thursday... please make it stop :-)

LLA said...

your garden looks lovely - and that allium pic is great...

My favorite is the peony, though. Mainly because they are my favorite flower, and because there is an ant on it which cracks me up. There are always ants on the peonies in the house I grew up in in Tennessee.

(I am sure that peonies grow in here Georgia, too - but it's a moot point. I have TOXIC thumbs...)