Monday, May 15, 2006

I'm In a Hurry to Get Things Done, (Oh) I Rush and Rush Until Life's No Fun

So, the computer came so I can now write the cookbook.


Crap. Now I'm actually expected to write the damn thing. Oh, fuck, what did I get myself into? It's not like I don't already have a bazillion and one things to do in a day. Internet, what were you thinking, supporting me in such a ridiculous idea?

But now the boys are totally screwed, as I can now work upstairs and keep a constant eye and ear on their demonic hineys. Mwahahahahahahaha.

And just so we are All Clear, I did not pick my computer based on the pretty blue lights. No, not at all. I don't know why you'd have such a silly idea anyway. Additionally, I am not using it as a glorified radio, despite the fact that it is constantly streaming music and the boys are currently dancing to said music.

Yesterday was Mother's Day, and it was exactly what I needed. I've been a Debbie Downer lately, totally overwhelmed with life and all the damn little details. It was nice to have a day were I didn't have to do jack unless I wanted to.

The day started with watering the garden...


Apparently, I haven't been watering Griffin enough to help him grow. He told me I was "slacking."

It continued with running errands for the family All By Myself, making guacamole for lunch and forcing Aaron to make dinner.

The haute couture of Mother's Day gift wrapping is decorated brown paper bags (so pretty, so when I hyperventilate next I'll be doing it in style). Didn't you get the memo?


And I received lots of beautiful art projects...


... Including paper towel art.


I had to purchase my own Mother's Day gifts from the boys, which annoyed (and continues to annoy) the hell out of me, but I did do a good job...


Griffin got me a robot charm for my charm bracelet.


And Darwin got me a garden gnome charm for my charm bracelet.


Aaron got me a gift ALL BY HIMSELF, my favorite warm-weather candle (I have a favorite cold-weather candle as well, because different seasons call for different scents).

So, all in all a pretty good day.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woo-hoo! A new computer! That totally rocks. I like the charms too, but the computer will keep you busy for a long time. Working. Because it's an essential business tool, so whatever you do on it automatically counts as work. (Logic courtesy of my husband, who has a lot of "essential business tools.")

Anonymous said...

Fancy-schmancy new computer WITH blue lights! Wowzer lady! Yeah...now about that cookbook. Get crackin! I like the charms. Your boys have very good taste and boy do they know you! It like you ordered it for them or something. hmmmm. I'm glad you had a well deserved momma's day! The art is so sweet.

Kim said...

Griffin is so so so cute. Darwin is too, but I haven't seen quite the close ups I have of Big G. And although they are both growing faster than The Mother Permit allows, Darwin still looks closer to how I left him than Griff.

And wouldn't you know it, Sam has those SAME "green dino pj's," which he, too, just had on.

You all really do it up for mother's day. I'm glad you had a break, a happy day, and good paper towel art (there's nothing better, except maybe the bags.)

Anonymous said...

Mmmm.... orange vanilla is my favorite Trapp candle... mmmmm.

LLA said...

Ooooh - shiny happy laptop!

And all of your boys have great shopping taste! That robot, that gnome! Love them...

Which candle scents do you like? The Trapp Vanilla Orange is my favorite!

Stitchy said...

You are funny! I hope your personality comes through in the cook book. I can't imagine how difficult it is, being allergic to so many things. Oh, I want to say thanks a million for the ladybug idea. Visit my latest post!

julie said...

You lucky Mummy!!

Anonymous said...

Right - file in "Be careful what you ask for." But I'm sure the cookbook will happen and will be wonderful.

Anonymous said...

wow, great computer! glad it finally arrived. i'm very interested in your cookbook. the other night i was telling husband about darwin's allergies. we were wondering what kinds of dishes you cook.
oh, and great gifts! i love the decorated brown paper bags. they would be so wonderful even if there was nothing inside.