Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Hey, How Long Till the Music Drowns You Out?

Urgh.

Ever have one of those day where you look around your house and think, shit, I've got nothin' done today?

Oh, you haven't? Yeah. Me neither.

I got up to date on my blog reading. Because we all know how important that is. And I did some research on copyright laws for recipes. Which, let me tell ya, is quite fun and exciting. Really, why more people don't try to decipher copywriting laws is beyond me. Oh, and I folded and put away towels. And I finally took the tags off some summer clothes for the boys that I purchased three weeks ago. Haven't washed them yet though. And I ran a load of dishes. Oh -- I called in a prescription refill and made haircut appointments. And I said, "Get you hand out of my ass crack," at least 25 times.

Yeah, I'm rockin' this stay at home mom thing.

Aren't you glad you stopped by? My life is so exciting today.

10 comments:

Kristy said...

Isn't life great!No I've never had a day like that -honest!!!!

lindiepindie said...

Okay - I read this somewhere and it totally made me feel better about being at home and getting nothing done: as a stay-at-home mom, everything we do is reactionary. We can make a to-do list before the kids wake up, but by the end of the day we've been reacting to the dirty diaper, the spilled milk, they being late to the doctor's office, the hungry kids, the dirty laundry... whatever, but when the kids are in bed at night we have been sooooo busy, but not ONE thing that we planned on our to-do list got done. Getting caught up on your blog reading is pretty good. I almost never get that done...

Anonymous said...

Maybe you need some metromint water. Mmmm. Just had some tonight for the first time. Yum yum, thanks for the recommendation.

Marshamlow said...

I think it is just the getting started, once you get into the cookbook you will be awesome. As for one of those day, man, I never feel like I am acomplishing anything. The harder I work the more I see that needs to be done.

Ali said...

Ho ho ho - the joyful existance of the stay at home mum. You could try saying "Get you hand out of my ass crack," when they are on the other side of the room. That'd mix it up for your kids.

(I'm making the dangerous assumption that this comment is usually directed at them and not at Aaron.)

Anonymous said...

Yep, that sounds like most of my days. I paid bills yesterday! WOW! and bought milk! Can you handle the excitement? It's still better than going to work (outside) the home thought right?
I think once you get started on that cookbook things will just start clicking for you. The legally garbage will be all that slows you down.

Anonymous said...

You mean there's another kind of day? ??

Anonymous said...

well - I managed to get my kitchen floor cleaned today and play alot which feels like a major achievement for me!! My version is "Noah, take you hand out of my top"

Well done you!!

Karen

You can call me Betty, or Bethany, or Beth ...Just don't call me late for dinner. said...

I never ever ever got anything done when I was staying home with Jake. And I was exhausted. I did occassionally get the high score on Lego Racers.. and Then my hub was mildly impressed.

Anonymous said...

All I csn say is...

LMFAO.

*sigh*

I hear ya.