Friday, April 11, 2008

Thunder Only Happens When it's Raining

The boys and I were eating dinner last night when BAM! BOOM! CRASH! it sounded like our house was falling apart.

Okay. The house isn't falling apart. The tree is just tossing limbs around the yard in the crazy Midwest weather we're experience. You know what I'm talking about, 70mph wind gusts, three rounds of hail in two hours, horrendous rain followed by freakish orange sunlight.

You know, Kansas in spring.

muscari & daffodil, because it's way prettier than that branch

Freshly added to the list of weekend activities: pick up the huge branch in the backyard. Oy.

Oh, and figure out how to rebuild the walk-out because that branch smooshed it like melted ice cream. Ack.

9 comments:

LauraJ said...

while removing the branch check for ruby slippers

montague said...

mmmhhh, fun times? not really. that would have scared the living daylights out of me.

Anonymous said...

Ah, Kansas. It goes from pleasantly warm and sunny to freakishly windy and frigidly cold. I want the sun back, dammit!

Rachel said...

annoying. We had two huge limbs fall down during that bad storm last fall. I am always afraid it is going to land on someone. Our next door neighbor just lost ANOTHER huge branch yesterday. good times:)

Anonymous said...

It's been storming like crazy here in Alabama the last few weeks. Today, on the way home in yet another crazy storm, my son said "I HATE April". lol

Chickenbells said...

Crumb. Good luck recovering from your fun spring weather...it's just windy as all get out. No blowing branches...just a lot of blowing pollen instead...achoo!

Hyena In Petticoats said...

Fleetwood Mac - yip!

I wanted to tell you that apparently soaking warts in strong black tea is a cure as well - this according to my 1950's home remedy guide
(old wives tale warning )

I wish a branch would fall on my house, conveniently obliterating the laundry and bathroom, then I could make my landlord (the local council) build me a new one!

Cheers,

Leah xxx

Chara Michele said...

Is it terrible that I want to do a little dance for not having to deal with the weather in the midwest anymore :) (Seriously tornadoes freaked me out, so I am glad to be done with those...)

Amanda Jean said...

beautiful photo.