Monday, April 07, 2008

I Wanna Know That You'll Tell Me, I Love to Stay

Friday night, still running a fever, I packed the family up in the van for a quick jaunt to Arkansas.

Of course, I use the term "quick" very loosely as it took six hours to get there and apparently Arkansas doesn't have proper highways. Oh, and they have hills mountains. Lots and lots of mountains.


It was a big family celebration of sorts. Aaron's [step]father found his birth mother last year and everyone managed to pack up and go meet her.

It was lovely
.

Unfortunately, we only got to stay for one full day. We packed up Sunday afternoon, decided fuck that and hung around until the early evening hours, arriving home early this morning.

So if you hear any moaning, that's me aching. Or if you hear and thumping, that's me walking into the walls. I need some more sleep.

[full set of photos on flickr, blogspot's being a bugger.]

9 comments:

Unknown said...

We were supposed to go to Arkansas last weekend, too! It got postponed until this coming weekend though. Yes, it is pretty hilly there. Great for the carsick-prone (like me).

laura capello said...

oh dude, me too. that's why i ALWAYS have to drive. doesn't matter if it's to the grocery store or 700 miles to michigan. i drive or i hurl.

montague said...

that is soooo cool that he found his mom! and it sounds like a great trip (you know, apart from the whole drive all night/lack of sleep thing!)

LJ said...

i hope you are feeling better soon dear.

Chickenbells said...

You are a brave woman...I hate traveling when I'm sick. Then again, I can't think of many fun things I like to do when I'm sick...unless you count sleep. But, I'm so tired that sleep is usually a fun activity any time! Feel better soon.

Floaterie said...

man, you are a trooper! Hope you are catching up on some of your well deserved R&R!

World Wide Alternative said...

Talk about a quick turn around!
Glad you had a good time.
Go back to bed...Xxx

Anonymous said...

I love the photo! What a gorgeous area to visit. I've only been to Arkansas once. Texarkana, my friend lived there. It was pretty nice in the country though.

Anonymous said...

welcome home, sleepy head.