Monday, April 28, 2008

I Can Take Apart the Remote Control and I Can Almost Put it Back Together

Last week's experiment of writing everything helped me realize how much I actually do accomplish, but really made me realize how little I do for myself.

Anyone else ever notice that?

That you're busy taking care of everyone but yourself?

Hmph.

I don't think I like that much.

You know, not to say I don't enjoy taking care of my family because I do enjoy taking care of them and OCD really helps out a lot with keeping on top of all our damn laundry but I do need to figure out how to balance myself and accomplish other things besides dishes and clean floors.

Which reminds me, I need to vacuum. Crap.

My weekend was a blur. A big, messy, hectic blur of shopping and spending money which has caused me to panic (dude, new fridge, new stove and new grill; I can't decide if I'm spoiled or fell into a consumerism sandpit of shit). And then we had a big birthday celebration for my step-mom.


And then there was the hours upon hours of gardening-gardening-gardening which is making it nearly impossible for me to see straight today and questioning if maybe, perhaps I actually should live in a bubble because damn, yo. These allergies SUCK.


So my biggest question today is (other than what to make for dinner?) is should I spend time outside aggravating my allergies or upstairs continuing to tackle the big mess that's also dusty which? Guess? AGGRAVATES MY ALLERGIES.

Of course. I guess I don't have to answer that question until after I finish vacuuming.

14 comments:

Marshamlow said...

I am thinking of making stir fry for dinner, doesn't that sound good? I read somewhere that there is less pollen in the air in the morning vs the afternoon, perhaps it would help if you were to do outside stuff early and inside stuff late, or do as the japanese do and wear a surgical mask.

Chickenbells said...

Wait...didn't you just say that you don't do enough for yourself? I think that not doing either of those things thus activating your allergies, and doing something for yourself would be better. Of course, if the thought of not doing them stresses you out in any way, then it probably isn't a good idea to put them off (see? THIS is why we don't usually do things for ourselves...well, that and we have to vacuum.)

misschris said...

New fridge, stove and grill??? Woohooo! (I stayed inside today because even though it looks like a slice of heaven out there, the 'breeze' is more like an arctic front and it's kinda darn-right cold out there.)

Soo said...

take some time out for yourself and have a break from the housework.....don't worry it will all still be there when you get back!

Anonymous said...

Look at you! Keeping clean, growing things, and saving our economy. Yay!

I keep looking around at all the stuff that needs done and all the new things we are gonna have to buy with this extra tax rebate and that rich feeling just slides away. Oh well. I felt rich for a minute, and NO, I haven't even got the check yet.

Hope your allergies subside real soon. :)

LauraJ said...

With all that you have done I suggest you go lay on the couch and call it a month!

Anonymous said...

Actually, I think pollen levels are higher in the morning. Which of course is the only time we can do things outside in the summer!

I hear you on doing nothing for yourself. I'm feeling burned out at the moment. The work is never over.

Floaterie said...

hhhmmm...tonight, we had a pasta dish consisting of leftover grilled chicken, toms, peas, 3 garlic cloves, fresh basil, red peppers, lemon juice in a white wine cream sauce....yummy! Although I'm sure Rubes will pay for the little bit of sauce she had tonight, tomorrow morning--damn lactose! ;-)

Seriously lady--go get yerself a massage (if you don't mind strangers rubbing you) or some sort of lovliness that you love.

You only live one chaotic, amazing, mind numbing life.

Live it. =)

MichelleB said...

Totally LOVE that song - it's one that must be listened to over and over and over again.

I had to vacuum today, too. My hairballs were starting to grow legs.

Green-Eyed Momster said...

Congrats on all the new stuff! You of all people, deserve it because you know how to use them better than most (me at least!):) Would you mind sharing where you got those awesome birthday candles! I have.to.have.some! Thanks!

montague said...

neither. go do something that brings you JOY! now, if vacuuming does bring you joy, get on a plane NOW and come vacuum my carpets. please?

Green-Eyed Momster said...

Thank you, thank you, capello!

Angelina said...

I am a family of three and we easily generate between 8 and 10 loads of laundry a week, which I never keep up with. So it piles.

For the record, my allergies aren't nearly as bad as yours and I don't wash my bedding once a week because of that, I wash it once a week because people smell and when you sleep in bedding it will...oh, why go on? Bedding gets unfresh within a week and we look forward to clean sheet night like some people look forward to Bingo.

Heidijayhawk said...

take care of yourself sista! do something completely for you that doesn't involve boys or pissing off the allergy gods!!!!!