Thursday, March 15, 2007

Look at the Way We Gotta Hide What We're Doin'

My mini-swap was received a few weeks ago, but due to postal difficulties we still haven't received ours.

Oh well. Sometimes that's the way life goes.

In any case, I want to share what I made.

(And feel free to oooohhhhhh and aaaaahhhhh. Okay?)

My swap partner, Malene, lives in Denmark and has three kids (two girls, one boy). For the two girls I made....

gray puppy with purple flair
white puppy with pink flair

... puppies (made with this free pattern from allsorts, enlarged 200% and using a half-inch seam allowance) stuffed with natural cotton and wool-felt eyes. The fabric brooches are on pinned onto felt collars, which have velcro for easy removal.

For her son I made...

... a little artist case (free pattern from Craft Apple) with orange interior (shown) and a psychedelic dinosaur print on the exterior (hmmm, I didn't get a good shot of that; damn!) (the same dinosaur print from Griffin's birthday blanket).

I also sent along...


... some thrifted books, American candies, a few little other goodies and...


... a magazine, some chocolate and a tissue holder for Malene.

(Holy crap, y'all. Did you see that I made softies? SOFTIES. I am so fucking impressed with myself, YOU HAVE NO CLUE.)

19 comments:

Chickenbells said...

Ohhh...Ahhhh! Really, how wonderful! The little doggie is too sweet, and wonderfully crafted (I might add) It was also great to see the organic chocolate go out, leave it to you to be that thoughtful!

You can call me Betty, or Bethany, or Beth ...Just don't call me late for dinner. said...

Damn... What a package. And after being so sick? I am impressed.
Your pups rock the house..

Re prior post: Normalcy? what IS that anyway? Jake is undiagnosed adhd and young for his grade. I have had to sit through a zillion conferences. The word Normalcy make me CRINGE.

Anonymous said...

Look at you going all soft on us. Those are great!

Cheers!

lera said...

I have been meaning to ask you about the swap. I thought maybe I missed what you received.

Love the dogs. And loving their little collars soooo much. (and ooh-la-la for cotton batting)

I was just thinking last night that I needed to tell you how much I love the pin cushion you made me. I love it. LOVE IT!!!!

Anonymous said...

Yes, you totally rock. I wish some of your domestic skillz would rub off on me. I'm scrambling to get some rudimentary housecleaning done before the ILs get here. (insert scary music here)

Oil Cloth Junkie said...

Love, love ,love the puppies. Might I add that the fabric you used for the flowers is adorable. :)

Where did you get the tissue holder pattern? I've been wanting to make one but don't know where to look.

beki said...

Bravo! Well done m'dear!

Anonymous said...

that is one mother of a swap!!

you've outclassed yourself lady. Seriously, those softies are gorgeous.

Renee said...

It's all so nice and cute. I want to swap, but I don't craft. Maybe I can get Beki to make me something!

Anonymous said...

Oh and Ah! Ya done good! Love the puppies and all the goodies you made. Very nice swap. :)
Hey-did the email help ya any last night?

Kim -today's creative blog said...

I AM impressed! Love the flairs, now those are CUTE!

Tammy Gilley said...

okay, i just stumbled onto your blog, and have added it to my faves. you slay me!!!!

LLA said...

You didn't just make softies - you made absolutely wonderful softies!!!! Truly, it's all wonderful...

I'm oohing and aaahing like mad...

(I'm also cursing you, because the picture of the Dagoba Lavender chocolate is making me drool. Damn you for getting me hooked on the stuff... I don't suppose anyone's ever accused you of being a bad influence before, have they???)

nuttnbunny said...

Oh that chocolate!!! Ooo those pups. I'm truly impressed.

Anonymous said...

Ugh, I can't make a softie, but you look like you succeeded! Nice softie!

Anonymous said...

look at you! all crafty and what not.

very cool stuff.

Me and Him said...

love the bows on the adorable puppies. Lavender chocolate! I've gotta find me some of that next time I'm at a half way decent store.

Anonymous said...

Yoour swap goodies are so great - I am very impressed - the dogs are justthe cutest and I daren't let Noah look for fear he will see the dinosaur rubbers/erasers.

Dee Light said...

I love those dogs!!! And their bling, well that is just too cool. The art kit looks fun too. Those are some lucky kids!!! Great Work. What a swap.