Monday, December 31, 2007

And When the Music Starts I Never Wanna Stop, it's Gonna Drive Me Crazy

I decided to end this year with a list of my ten favorite songs from 2007.

Of course, working on this has been brought to you by my desire to take my mind off ways to murder Aaron (smacking him with a frying pan sounds so lovely right now).

Please note -- these are my favorite songs of the year. Not videos. I don't have time to sit around and watch videos. But videos can be inbedded into the post freely so open another link and browse other stuff while you listen.

Really, I won't mind one bit.

10. Modest Mouse, "Dashboard"



"Well it would have been, could have been worse than you would ever know."

9. "Australia" by The Shins



"Dare to be one of us girl."

8. "Ruby" by Kaiser Chiefs



Very few songs make me dance in my chair. This one does.

7. Arctic Monkeys, "Fluorescent Adolescent"



I could only hope and pray my boys grow up to be as awesome as these boys. Seriously.

6. Lily Allen, "LDN"



Who else can make lies sound so damn optimistic?

5. "Lazy Eye" by Silversun Pickups



Technically released in 2006, but I don't give a shit. I heard it this year (and sang it all damn year) so it counts. Because this is my blog and I say so.

4. Spoon, "The Underdog"



A trumpet is a beautiful instrument.

3. "Back in Your Head" by Tegan and Sara



"Remember when I was so strange and likable?"

2. "Keep the Car Running" by Arcade Fire



Best sung driving down the highway with your hands off the wheel.

1. "West Coast" by Cocount Records



Oh My God. I love me some Coconut Records. I have beens singing this song for at least half the year. And the beep-boop of the beginning. How come I can't converse that to properly be a post title?

Whew. That was a LOT of narrowing down.

Have a happy and safe new year everyone. And may the music be as awesome as it was this year!

14 comments:

Frogdancer said...

Mmmm, Arctic Monkeys. My 15 year old got me into them. Fabulous stuff.
I've tagged you for a meme. Yeah, I know. Good on me....

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year! Love the musical selection. I've got to go copy some more of my CDs now that both kids have CD players. They're stealing my stuff, man!

LJ said...

Happy New Year dear!! Hoping that you don't murder that guy cuz really you know deep down inside you love the him.

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year girl! Your taste in music suits you. LOL. Should it...could it...be ANY different?

World Wide Alternative said...

Happy New Year & thank-you for dragging me out of my 10 year 'J-POP' slump. Gotta swat me some great tunes! Xxx

Anonymous said...

Look on youtube for a young Australian band called British India, they are fantastic. Their song Black and White Radio starts with the lines:
You make friends with ugly people
So you'll stand out in a crowd.

Love it!!

Stephanie ODea said...

what? no time to watch videos? how on earth do you spend your days?
--steph

Angelina said...

I now feel like a really old uncool person. I have never heard of nine of those artists/bands and the one I've heard of I have never actually heard.

I love how much you love music and I look up to your infinite musical coolness. Seriously.

I'm still just listening to Johnny Cash and the Pogues.

Anonymous said...

Okay, I've been waiting patiently for you to post the end of month recap of the music titles but I simply can't anymore.

The last post "We have to take our clothes off", I'm dying to know if that is supposed to be Jermaine Stewart's song and it is just a typo (We don't have to take our clothes off....). Did you mean another song? Where you just trying to see if anyone was paying attention? Was it a freudian slip??

Please, put me out of my misery!

Love the blog.

Rebecca F.

Stacy said...

....you just cost me several bucks at iTunes. :) Thanks & Happy New year!

laura capello said...

Rebecca -- not a slip! Someone used Jermaine's song but changed it and that's the one I was referring to. :-) I'll do the recap soon!

Evolutionary Revolutionary said...

gurl! We have the same taste in music. Which to say: AMAZING.

Spoon? They're Austin's favorite famous band. Brit Daniels has the cutest elephant ears. Anything with hand clapping makes it ALL BETTER.

Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Thanks! I can wait for the recap now.

I feel similar to Angelina, so out of the loop with current music. I enjoyed this post very much and have watched almost all of the videos. I almost feel a little hip. (LMAO. Do they even say hip anymore? LOL)

Thanks again.

Rebecca F.

sltbee69 said...

I know Modest Mouse's Dashboard - love it! And I heard "of" Artic Monkeys though I'm not sure if I've actually heard anything they sing. Damn the radio stations that can't be bothered to tell you who they are actually playing!