Thursday, December 13, 2007

Aw, Sometimes I Grow So Tired But I Know I've Got One Thing I Got to Do -- A-Ramble On

Once again, our power kept flickering off yesterday.

Aaron also got sent out of town.

::sigh::


Today our internet connection went out for seven hours.


I kept trying to remind myself at least I had heat, lights and no spoiled food.

But no internets?

Whew. That was a tough one.


So I got some holiday shopping done. And I swear to Goddess, these dumbasses that work in upscale kitchen retail stores need to learn the fucking difference between a tea pot and a tea kettle. That should be added to their training. Perhaps it could replace How to Talk Down to Your Customers 101. Or maybe How Not to Apologize to Customers and Continue a Snotty Attitude 201. And perhaps they should add a class titled How to Remove a Can of Whoopass Given to You by an Irate Customer.

11 comments:

Marshamlow said...

I have been having the hardest time finding a nice tea pot, there seem to be tea kettles galore. Lily has discovered a love of the tea party, and I would like a nice pot to serve our afternoon tea. Maybe online?

I am not sure of the temp. but it was hot not warm here today.

Mia said...

Cool pics!

Amy said...

Your pictures look like my yard when I step outside. Well, yesterday morning anyway. By the afternoon the wind picked up and the ice was flying kamikaze style from the branches to the nearest person. It sounded like wrapping paper being torn open!

Sucks that hubby had to leave despite the weather and delays. Mine is home now and I am putting him under lock and key until after the holidays. Work will have to come and dig the key out of my ass if they want hubby to travel in the meantime.

Alicia A. said...

uh,there's a difference?!

Oh, I just thought of it. One goes on the stove, one is just for serving.

Nevermind.

(more snow tonight?!?!?!)

Anonymous said...

Those are nice pics. Sorry to hear about your internets. That must have been a nightmare!

Chickenbells said...

The pictures are wonderful! I'm glad you have the Internets today...that's almost too much...I mean, we've missed DAYS without the advent calendar...

Angelina said...

Pretty pretty ice! (But I am so sorry about the loss of internet- I break out in mental hives when I'm without the internet.)

does no one make tea at home anymore? How can it be true that there are people who don't know the difference?

I guess that's like the girl at Walgreens asking us if we were going to drive all the way to Israel. We were dumbfounded.

Kim -today's creative blog said...

I was worried about the ice and you. I hope your doing ok.
Hopefully you won't go too crazy.

lera said...

Seven hours? Yikes.

I'm not surprised to read about your shopping experience. That's what I've come to expect when I shop. Sad, really.

LLA said...

OK - I'm a moron. What *is* the difference???

(I'm not a big drinker/maker of tea - so I legitimately don't know. But I promise that if I worked somewhere and a customer asked me, I'd try to find out!)

kam said...

I love the pictures here. You have caught the chill perfectly! ;) Burrrr! Go inside for tea-