Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Back to Life, Back to Reality

So. Potty training.

Darwin's doing GREAT with the potty training. He's even willing to wear underpants.

Of course, he wears them backwards and gets wedgies. But whatever.

And today he peed his pants, so I made him sit on the potty while I cleaned the carpet. When I was done I checked on him and he had pooped.

But he still had his underpants on. But whatever.

In other news, is anyone else having a hard time finding a groove? You know, I don't think I've had a groove for a year. I need a groove.

I'm working on some lists of things I want to accomplish this year. My goal is to have those goals written out and posted on Monday.

Fuck. I have goals of making goals. What the hell is happening to me?

Hey, ever see a Venus Fly Trap flower?

(Yeah, dude, I totally just changed the subject.)


Pretty cool, huh? We've been waiting for over a month for the flower to open. It opened today. I actually managed to catch it. Amazing - I'm being semi-aware of my life around me.

And the non-glamorous picture...

(Hey, you know how I know how to spell "glamorous" now? That damn Fergie song "g-l-a-m-o-r-o-u-s-yeah.")


Pretty fucking weird huh? Of course, I guess I should be so surprised. It's a plant that eats bugs for Christ's sake.

(Oh yeah. Griffin got his own laptop for Christmas. Of course, he constantly bitches that he can't go online with it. Gah.)

Um, happy new year?

15 comments:

Lisa said...

Happy New Year to you! I didn't even know these plants produced flowers, you must have the right touch. Good luck with the potty training!

Anonymous said...

I've been out of the groove so long, I'm not sure there even still is a groove. But I dig your Venus flytrap.

We're all finally getting healthy, just in time for school to start. It's way, way past time for school to start.

Anonymous said...

Obviously you need to go buy some more Legos, to give you a purpose in life. Or blogging.

sltbee69 said...

Yeah, I think that's what my problem is too. At least that's my story and I'm sticking too it. Like Lisa said, I never new those plants flowered. Me thinks I will pick me one up from Wally World the next time I'm there.

Stephanie ODea said...

woah. I never knew those flowered!
I have goals for my goals.
and lists telling me to make lists.

xoxo
steph

Angelina said...

It's a pretty sweet little flower too.

Well, I don't think having goals for goals is any different than making lists within lists. Dude, it just means your in the highest tier of coolness.

I need a groove too. Been without one for two years.

Dana said...

Thank goodness I never had to potty train a boy!! Sounds like your having the time of your life. :0

Heidijayhawk said...

groove, what's a groove? can you really get one of those?

PamKittyMorning said...

Ahh a groove. I'm faking it.I advise until you get one, fake it.

Love the flower. Like others, never knew they produced flowers.

And potty training. Good luck with that.

Oil Cloth Junkie said...

gah, was going to totally make a joke about you needing to get your grove on but quickly realized it was only funny to me. so sad.

Grooves come and go. Just look at it like you're blazing a new trail or something. :)

Kristy said...

Yea for Darwin!!!

Anonymous said...

please pants? No 3 is perfectly able to pee in the potty and poo in it IF AND WHEN the mood takes him there.

Otherwise? forget it. Nappies are SOOOOO easy. Just do it when you want it where you want it and let some other sucker deal with it later.

Today he pooed in the supermarket. And then in the middle of the cereal isle he decided he wanted his nappy OFF and pulled it down to his ankles showing the world what he'd just produced and smearing it all down his leg.

They don't tell you these things when you plan to have babies...

why?

World Wide Alternative said...

Flower? Totally cool.
Potty training? Totally NOT.
Is there a number we can call? Xxx

Oil Cloth Junkie said...

Hey, my yahoo is not working today. Is yours??

Renee said...

Pretty flower. Pretty little bug-eating flower. I like it.
I listed a few 'goals' on my post today but it kinda stressed me out so I didn't put much into it. Sigh.