Wednesday, January 16, 2008

I See You and You See Me

The antibiotics have not killed me. I repeat: THE ANTIBIOTICS HAVE NOT KILLED ME.

Although, I do believe, a five-year-old's meltdown very well could have.


Griffin decided to build some of his legos today (yes, we buy Legos over his age). An hour into the building extravaganza he had a total meltdown. On number six and it was totally wrong.

So I spent the next two hours helping.


Of course by "helping" I mean "parental preventative maintenance in brick control and proper engineering techniques."


Also known as, that little punk wouldn't let me do any of the building.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

mum and dad were only allowed to find the right coloured two-ers and one-ers for us when we were building. it's what they did best.

by the way, what is it?

laura capello said...

oh, it's a scorpion.

the instructions had five different creatures in it and i think this is the only one that didn't need our missing piece.

(missing piece! since when does lego have missing pieces?!)

Chickenbells said...

Dang...tough little guy...has a melt down AND won't let you touch the pieces? Doesn't he know you've been all sick and it would have helped you feel better? Well, it does look good anyway...

I helped a father put together a transformer on Christmas night after the kiddo was asleep. 5 and up it said on the package and it took the two of us with the directions to put it together...this is after the 5 year old tried it...it was HARD!!

Oil Cloth Junkie said...

dude, now I know what I'm hypothetically getting you for your birthday!! Your own legos!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I am afraid of Legos. And meltdowns. I think it's because I'm maybe 12 years old on the inside, most days.

LJ said...

Dangit I'd be writin' LEgo a letter telling them how you're the biggest fan of Legos and how they screwed up and there's a piece missing and all and how it totally screws up your whole freakin' year and all that. Seriously.

forcryeye said...

Your son is lucky, I am pretty sure I could not have helped mine. You must be a mechanical engineer or something.

Anonymous said...

That is too cool. Not the meltdown, the scorpion. I like the big spider on their website, too. If we got that I'd be hiding from the kids so I could put it together!

Angelina said...

That's a great Lego scorpion.

We've been having some pretty impressive melt downs around here.