Monday, September 17, 2007

You Think You're Tired Now, But Wait Until Three...

I went to bed yesterday at four o'clock in the afternoon. It was very nice.

Past that... AARON FINALLY CAME HOME. And we had my parents over for dinner to celebrate my dad's birthday.

(That would be a gluten-free devil's food cake with dark chocolate buttercream.)

And we did lots of family shit over the weekend. And the environmental allergens flared up to royally kick my ass.

Yeah, Aaron's been home for four days now and I really can't think of anything I've accomplished that I want to accomplish but I can say my sanity has been restored.

Well, as much sanity that I have, that is.

Ali tagged me for a meme, and let me say: I'm really awful at completing memes that I've been tagged for. In fact, if you ever wanna tag someone for a meme because you can't think of enough people, feel free to tag me. I'm a total slacker. Go ahead, feel better about yourself, I'll be the asshole that didn't complete the meme.

Now, that said, I really do like doing memes. And I don't know why I don't do them more often. OH WAIT, YES I DO: I'm a total slacker. Duh!

Okay, now on to the meme...

1. Do you promote your blog?

Notsomuch anymore. I use to leave tons of comments everywhere and now I'm lucky if I can leave one or two a week on my very good friends' sites.

2. How often do you check hits?

Way too fucking much. At least three times a day. I also check where people are from and what sent them to me. Shameless self indulgent whore.

3. Do you stick to one topic?

Fuck no. Well, yes, kinda. It is all about me.

4. Who knows that you have a blog?

Pretty much everyone knows I have one. But very few people actually have the address. And those who do have the address don't read it anyway.

5. How many blogs do you read?

Over 300. I think it's more addictive than crack.

6. Are you a fast reader?

Yes, luckily. A fast commenter, no.

7. Do you customize your blog or do anything technical?

Not much. But I finally learned how to upload new banners and change my colors around. That counts, right?

8. Do you blog anonymously?

Nope. My name is actually Laura Capello. My husband's name is Aaron. My kids are Griffin and Darwin. I have enough shit in my life, I can't remember pseudonyms too.

Although, I will say that I do not use Aaron's and the boys' last name (and what should be the last half of my hyphenated last name, except I'm a lazy ass and have never gone down to Social Security to change my name after nearly seven years of marriage).

9. To what extent do you censor yourself?

Believe it or not, I actually do censor myself. I do not talk shit about people. Like, crazy family shit and whether or not people in the family like me or not, and who's popping what pills and what so-and-so just did. Or if a certain friend is acting like a major ass. I respect people, goddess damn it.

10. The best thing about blogging?

Being able to purge all the shit floating around in my brain so I can focus on more important things. Like what cake I'm making next.

So, just like I'm really awful at doing meme's, I'm also really awful at tagging people. So if you do this, email me or leave me a comment so I can read your answers too.

17 comments:

Angelina said...

I love reading memes that tell me more about the people I think I already kind of know.

That just may be the lamest comment I've ever left.

Anonymous said...

Purging! That is a great reason for blogging. I'm with you on remembering pseudonyms... I have a devil of a time dredging those up and I only do it for hubby's sake. And I'm so happy to hear that your boy's names are real... I love their names.

Ali said...

Funny, I never thought about leaving comments as 'promotion' before. In which case, I'm an enormous self-promoter.

Anonymous said...

I'm a meme slacker, too, but I do like reading them. 300 blogs to read? You MUST be a fast reader! I can't keep up with my bloglines list (98), and only skim about half of them, if I don't just mark them as read.

I'm glad you're finally getting some rest! And having cake!

Anonymous said...

dI loved the tall candles. You always use those they are so cool. Nice interview. 300 blogs egad you do read fast.

Chickenbells said...

Damn...I love this meme! I think I may have to do it myself...when I get around to it...you may not be the only person who doesn't do meme's! Damn. 300 blogs? phew...that's major...I have some catching up to do!

lera said...

I thought you hyphenated your name to be cool, not because you were a slacker. Hmmm. Learn something new every day. :-)

Amanda Jean said...

glad to hear that you are regaining some sanity. ;)

Jersey Knitting Mama said...

Let me just say, I love your blog. You are so f--king honest. And you know, I keep wondering what you would say, if you actually don't sensor yourself. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and the stories of your beautiful boys! You are a great mama. You have no idea how some of your post actually help me get through some bad days.

Gale said...

How refreshing!

Abby said...

Blogs are computer crack! I'm addicted. My husband just told me his wishes that my laptop would die so that he could spend time with me again. So what do I do read more blogs, of course.

Me and Him said...

I thought I had too many at 116. You've got me beat. I posted my answers this morning. What better way to deal with a bout of insomnia?

Anonymous said...

I love meme's too! Oh, and loving the new banner! It's like the definition of life with kids!

oh, need to get together...I told Alicia I am not calling them playdates anymore, because who are we kidding? We're the ones who want to get together!

LLA said...

enjoyed the meme - you need to stop being such a slacker and finish more of them! I love the way you write, and your take on things... :)

Welcome home, Aaron - now the crazy shit can stop! (well, until teh next time he's out of town...)

Renee said...

Over 300?! Geez, I can't keep up with the 50 or so I try to read.

Anonymous said...

I normally don't do meme's but these questions are so good that I broke down and did it myself

Chara Michele said...

I actually really like this meme, so I might go ahead and do it even though I haven't been tagged:) I liked your answers:)