Tuesday, September 11, 2007

And I'm Giving All My Love to This World

"Mommy?"

"Yes, Griffin?"

"I can't wait to go to the art fair!"

"Great!"


"Hey, Mom?"

"Yeah?"

"If I meet an artist I like, can I invite them over to look at my art?"


"Mommy?"

"Yes, Griffin?"

"This one really isn't art. I don't like it."

"Why?"

"Because it looks too much like real life. Art shouldn't look like real life."

Alrighty, then.


"Mommy, we need to hang your art in the playroom."

"No, I think we'll hang it in the living room."

"But! I want it in the playroom with my art."

"I know that, Griff. But we should have art throughout our home, not just in the playroom."

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Griffin has a pretty sophisticated view of art already. Most art doesn't look like real life!

PamKittyMorning said...

I just love those kids.

zeliaevora said...

:)
Kids just know what they are saying... When do we loose that???

Chickenbells said...

Very perceptive of him! It's nice to have your own art style too...he's gonna' love art history class!

And that is one nice tree canvass...to match the new "Chinese" curtains perhaps?

lera said...

He wants his mommy's art in his playroom so he can see it as he plays. Sweet guy.

Anonymous said...

Hee hee.

How was the art fair? We had a really busy weekend and didn't get to go at all.

Amanda Jean said...

love that tree painting! did you paint it or did you buy it at the art fair?

your kids are cute, cute, cute!

Kim -today's creative blog said...

What darling comments.
Love the new banner! Love it.
Love the new curtains! Isn't it fun to have something new? They look great. That fabric is awesome.

Suzie Sews At DOTTY RED said...

You got to love that kid. LOVE the new banner, it is so you...cool!!!!
Suzie Sews

Dana said...

love the tree painting. wanna paint one for my house?

Anonymous said...

i love this - i love how kids have such particular views on art - and their own art - but somewhere around junior high that tend to disappear.

Angelina said...

I love how kids develop their own ideas about these things regardless of what we tell them.

Chara Michele said...

I love that tree painting! Did you paint it yourself or buy it at the art fair?