Why is it when I call Mercy! on being sick, the germs decide that's the perfect time to really Kick My Ass?
I convinced Aaron to stay home from work today so I can try to get over this. I think my neck is going to explode from my lymph nodes being so damn swollen. OH. And he just left to go to work. Bastard.
I have nothing more to say, really. Other than I'm dying. It was nice knowin' you all.
Geesh. That's a little harsh. But I've alway been well known for my DRAMATICS.
So (yes, let's change the subject, because even though everyone loves my crazy, we shouldn't overload on it, right? right).
I signed up to do this great little holiday swap (Halloween, Thankgiving-ish and Winter Solstice-ish) over at Sweet Goodness Swaps. I got teamed with Tamy (hi!) for a partner. Turns out she's even left some comments here BUT NEVER HER URL.
Y'all. Seriously. Linky-linky.
ANYWAY. (You can tell those germs are eating away at what few brain cells I have left. And let me just say, THANK YOU GODDESS ALMIGHTY for firefox's red underline-y spell checker thing.)
(Dude. Now BOTH of my kids are asleep. This rocks.)
So, there's some questions I get to answer to help Tamy (hi!) get to know me better. And here they are:
1. Favorite Color: Orange and Barn Red. But not together. Really, I don't think I've ever met a color I didn't like.
2. Chocolate Lover? Milk, Dark, White, or none of the above? Chooooocoooolaaattteeeee. ::drool:: I prefer dark or a dark milk (yes, there is such a thing).
3. What is your favorite craft hobby? I have to pick a favorite? I really like working with paper and fabric. Don't ask me to choose, that's just not nice.
4. What is a craft/art hobby that you would like to start? Um... I would like to get more into embroidery. I have some stuff but I don't think I've been fully inspired yet.
5. What craft do you NOT have an interest in or just not great in (so your partner doesn’t send something you wouldn’t use)? Knitting and crocheting. I want to want to like it and get into it, it just hasn't happened yet.
6. Do you have any allergies? (we don’t want to send anything with peanuts if it’ll make you blow up like a balloon!) HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, why, yes, yes I do.
I am allergic to wheat and have celiac disease. Which means I can't have anything with wheat or gluten in it. This are often disguised as "natural flavors" "vanillin" and a slew of other ingredients. It sucks. It's difficult. So if you don't want to send any food it would be perfectly okay by me.
7.What’s your favorite part of Halloween? Decorating, candy eating, costumes, or something else? Decorating. Definitely. Especially since the only candy we can eat from the trick-or-treating adventure is swedish fish, smarties and dum dum lolipops. Aaron gets the rest of the stash and I think that's his favorite part (and he is proud to add that whatever I can't have, he will gladly eat. You know, because we're a team and all).
8. Do you decorate for Thanksgiving/Fall? Um... kinda. I put out fresh pillowcases. I want to do more than that, but it often doesn't happen.
9. December Holidays--what holiday do you celebrate? What type of decorations do you like to put up in your house for that holiday? HAHAHAHAHAHA, oh, Tamy (hi!). I feel a little sorry for ya. I claim we celebrate Festivus (for the rest of us!) (with the Airing of Grievances). We actually celebrate Christmas, but without any connection to religion. So, we do the whole tree thing (with lots of hand made ornaments each year) (the more clashy the better), the Santa thing and, of course, the whole food thing.
10. Do you have any children, if so what are their ages, boys/girls? I have two boys, Griffin is five and Darwin is three. They have more allergies than I do.
11. Do you have any pets, if so what kind? We have a baby Western Painted Turtle, aka Tuckie the Turtle Lord. He's currently boycotting all food other than black crickets. Which, OF COURSE, are not available for sale, we have to catch them outside.
12. Are you a reader? If so, what type of books do you like? Yes, I love to read. And this is where people moan, I like to read novels that really make you think. Like those by Toni Morrison, love her. Unfortunately, being a mother has really ruined my brain and has caused me to embrace my magazine fetish.
13. Are you celebrating a birthday or anniversary in October, November, or December? If so, what day and what is the occasion? Nope. But our wedding anniversary is September 30th. And I'm hoping to make a gluten-free coconut cake. IF I GET OVER THE FLU, of course.
14. Do you collect anything? If so what type of things do you collect? I use to collect pez dispensers (now over 800). But I finally gave that up. Does paper crafts and fabric count as a "collection"? Because, if so, oh, honey.
15. What type of things do you like to cook? Are you an appetizer person, cookie maker, dessert freak or a take out type of person? I cook anything and everything, within the guidelines of our food allergies. I try to make food that I can reserve parts for for the boys (like, before adding dairy in) in the main meal. Even with our allergies, I refuse to make two dinners every night. For fun, (yes, fun) I like to figure out how to make baked good gluten-free. Laura cannot live without muffins, cupcakes and cookies. Hell no.
16. What is your favorite scent? Is there one that you can’t stand? Vanilla. And I really like cinnamon and orange too. I don't like ones that smell musky or fruity.
17. What’s your favorite song? I like big butts and I cannot lie.... I dunno. Again with the favorites. Geesh. I like all sorts of music. Particularly stuff that gives me energy.
18. What’s the last movie you went to see at the movie theater? Becoming Jane was the last "grown up" movie. Underdog was the last kids movie (and I rarely get to see grown up movies in theater). I totally wanna go see The Darjeeling Limited when it comes out.
19. What’s your favorite Candy? Dark chocolate. Plain M&Ms (but they have to come in the large bag to be gluten-free. Did you know that? The ingredients change in M&Ms based on how they are packaged. How fucked up is that?). Vosges' Woolloomooloo Bar (with macadamia nuts, coconut and hemp seeds). Dark chocolate with almonds. Not necessarily in that order, of course.
20. Tea or Coffee or other? Both! But, again with the allergies. I can only have plain flavors of anything. It really, really, really sucks.
Oh crap, feel free to ask anymore questions. Is this even coherent? Gah, I hate the flu.