Thursday, September 20, 2007

It's Been a Long Time (Long Time)

While randomly singing yesterday...

"It's been a long time, long time, sugar lips..."

"Don't call me that!"

"Huh?"

"Don't call me that, Mom!"

"What'd I call you?"

"Sugar lips! Don't call me sugar lips!"

"Griff, I didn't call you sugar lips!" ::pause:: "It's been a long time, sugar lips..."

"Don't call me that!"

"FINE." ::pause:: "Lips like sugar, sugar kisses...""

"Don't call me that!"

"I DIDN'T CALL YOU ANYTHING."

"STOP SAYING ANYTHING THAT HAS TO DO WITH MY LIPS AND SUGAR. Hey, can I have a piece of cake?"

(Apparently, I had the lyrics wrong anyway. I always thought it was "It's been a long time, sugar lips" and it's actually "It's been a long time, we shouldn't have left you." Um, I did a stellar job at fucking those lyrics up for years. Super.)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmm, sugar. Now I want cake too.

k said...

thanks for the laugh!

Anonymous said...

For a long time in high school David thought the Pearl Jam song "glorified version of a pellet gun" was "glorified version of a pelican." Really. Seriously.

Anonymous said...

that's funny, i just learned the real words to Girls Just Wanna Have fun a couple of weeks ago. 'When the working day is done...' was always 'What in the world did they...mumble mumble.'
who knew?

Marshamlow said...

I just learned the lyrics and meaning to the latest dance craze song Crank Dat by Soulja Boy, it is so bad, so very bad. can I have some cake too please

lera said...

Hmmm. I'm not sure if I ever knew those lyrics either. I think I just hummed that part.

Chickenbells said...

Eh...my dad used to sing "Eyes Without a Face" as "How's About a Date?" I mean, can you even imagine Billy Idol uttering those words?

Lips like sugar is Rich's phone ring on my cell...tee-hee

Angelina said...

Well, I do that ALL THE TIME. But you, you're supposed to be different.

But maybe it's better the way you were singing it.

Angelina said...

OK, I'm a little freaked out. What happened to comment moderation? What if I say something totally inappropriate and you don't catch it in time?

Or what if I get in a brangle with that "person" who was pestering you?

Heidijayhawk said...

damn. now i need cake.

Anonymous said...

L

Wondering how the whole school thing worked out.

Give us an update when you get a minute.

R/

Renee said...

I call John M. names all the time and right now he thinks it's funny. Things like 'Monkey Butt', etc. One day, he won't like it so much though and I'll be depressed.