Thursday, April 26, 2007

Say My Name, Say My Name

"Hey, Mommy. Your name is Laura"

"Yes, Griffin."

"Your name is Laura."

"That's correct.""

::uncomfortable silence::

"Laura."

"Yes, Griffin, but you call me 'Mommy.'"

"But I think I want to start calling you 'Laura.'"

"No, you call me 'Mommy.'"

"Laura."

"Perhaps I should get my name legally changed to 'Mommy,' that way no one can call me Laura or Mom or Mother..."

"OR MOTHERFUCKER. That way no one can call you 'Motherfucker' either!"

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

That boy is a little too smart for his own good!

Chickenbells said...

Then he could change his name to "smart-ass" Oh...the possibilities for fun family names never ends does it?!

Oil Cloth Junkie said...

He's a smartie just like his Mommy.

Anonymous said...

I can not imagine where he got that. ;)

patrice said...

Pure creativity really!

Unknown said...

Chill out Laura...

lera said...

uh-uh ... did he really say that?

Anonymous said...

Hahahahaha!

Berber said...

Oops, Mommy/Laura...

Angelina said...

It kind of freaks me out when Max says my name. Which I suspect he does once in a while just to freak me out.

Jodi Ohl said...

:)) giggle snort snort!
I'd definitely go for the legal name change before the last name choice spews from his lips!

Leanne said...

Go get his birth certificate right now and change his name to S.O.B. -- I dare ya!!! Gawd I love coming over here, especially since I can't watch comedy specials on HBO anymore what with all these kids running around here needing little ears sheltered...

Anonymous said...

we have those conversations too. I'd love to call me 'mamma'. Ohhh nooo.

right now I'm...'MUUUUUMMMM'. Normally shouted loudly.

YOur kid is funny. He knows what buttons to press, right?

Anonymous said...

OMG. LOL. I love that kid.

LLA said...

oh no he di-n't!