Friday, January 12, 2007

Moving Forward Using All My Breath

Finally. Finally we are getting winter weather. Geesh, it took long enough.


So far it's just little smatherings of ice pellets. But over the next 48 hours it will turn into freezing rain and snow.

You know, between 60 degrees yesterday and ice today, it almost makes me love living in Kansas.

The boys and I are in full hibernation gear. It is nearly noon and we are all still in pajamas (of course, Griffin did just wake up half an hour ago). Last night I went to the grocery store (wow, we all feel very strongly about our food, don't we? love it) to get enough for dinner tonight (roasted chicken and root vegetables), dinner tomorrow (creamy potato soup) and an emergency pantry meal (vegetarian baked gluten-free pasta) as well as everything I need to make mini chocolate cupcakes with chocolate buttercream to make tomorrow for the soiree on Sunday (which had BETTER NOT GET CANCELED due to weather).

And perhaps the gods will even shine down on me and allow me time to make a Valentine's themed pillow.


Now to just draw a pattern and get the fabrics washed...

19 comments:

Angelina said...

It worked! I concentrated really hard yesterday to send snow to Kansas. It's like I have magical powers.

I'm seriously excited for you!

I really love the pears and apples fabric. It looks vintage.

Joanna said...

We're snowed in here in Seattle. I'm feeling very cooped up, but the kids are lovin' it. That fabric is so great. Can't wait to see how your pillow turns out!

Anonymous said...

yeah, loving those pears. gotta go find some for me! :)
hey, you guys are still in your pajamas, too? cheers!

Anonymous said...

Love the apples/pears fabric!! Enjoy the winter weather!!

beki said...

I am loving that fabric! Since being pregnant with Ava I've turned into an extreme pink lover.
Enjoy your hibernation weekend. We're supposed to be in the 70's all weekend.

Anonymous said...

What do you mean? This is storm NUMBER TWO! :) One was enough for me.

I want that apple fabric! You keep finding all the fabric goodies before I do. :) Harper's again?

I did grocery duty last night, too -- same dinner, different meat (rump roast with root vegetables).

Anonymous said...

Yes, it's winter again. Brrr. The dog has celebrated the reappearance of the cold weather by breaking the fence in two, count 'em, two places. I've made some makeshift repairs that will hold it for now, and am ignoring my husband's advice to stand outside with the dog every time he has to go pee. (He can do that himself once he gets home from his business trip!)

Anonymous said...

So jealouse of real winter weather.
And oh, la, la to the pretty fabric selections there! yum.

Anonymous said...

Guess I'm not the only one in love with those apples and pears.

Your snow sprinkling looks so pretty - still no chance of any here.

Soo said...

i love pajama days.....and love your fabrics!

LLA said...

Wow - the weather channel site shows a big old icy cloud over you! Who decided that ice should be pink, I dunno - but it works for me...

Happy hibernating! Love the fabrics!

Anonymous said...

oooooooooh - yummy fabrics!!! YAY snow! We are *supposed* to get some. we'll see.

Oh - I am tagging you. Check my blog for the scoopage.

Anonymous said...

pretty fabrics. especially love the stripey one on the left and the fruit. good combo. can't wait to see the pillow.

(and congrats on snow. none in MD as usual -- or "UNusual.")

Chickenbells said...

Lord girl...the apple/pear material? drool! Lucky you with the weather...we just got insane wind all night, and try-to-do-something all day with not much results (except I didn't sleep)

Me and Him said...

love the fabric. We still have snow from Wednesday, and are expecting more tomorrow

Anonymous said...

Um, going to ONE grocery is strange? Hey, don't move here.

And ice pellets. Oooooo, ice pellets. You know, that typical winter wonder.

Anonymous said...

how did you get your kids to sleep so late? Please, tell me... I NEED TO KNOW.

No snow in England. Sigh.

Anonymous said...

Love the fruit fabric!
And you have more snow than us!
I'm green here now.

PamKittyMorning said...

Ohh I love your fabric pile.. can't wait to see what you make with your apple fabric, since I just got some myself.