Monday, October 02, 2006

You Do it to Yourself, You do, and That's What Really Hurts is You Do it to Yourself, Just You, You and No-one Else, You Do it to Yourself

Head colds suck. Actually? They blow it out the ass. Especially ones that last two weeks. Gah.


We survived the weekend by eating gluten-free snickerdoodles and drinking lots and lots of hot tea.

What a way to celebrate our sixth wedding anniversary on Saturday. Yeah. We live it up.

(My completed work of progress from Friday was a minibook for Aaron.)

Of course, children being children, the boys refused to indulge their miserable-ness with us and just had to play.


So Griffin got to play in the sprinkler, probably the last time for the year. Hello 94 degree weather in October in Kansas.


And you can never stop Darwin from being ornery. The child can give the energizer bunny a run for his money.

On Saturday I received a beautiful package from Monica.


Gluten-free chocolate cookies, gummy bears (which are now gone, of course), a fabulous book and paper airplanes. It was suppose to arrive while my stupid fucking foot was still broken, but getting a parcel in the mail when you've got a raging head cold is really delightful.

Luckily, the head cold finally seems to be on its way out. Which is really good. I'm almost as tired bitching about it as I'm sure you are hearing about it. (Notice how the head cold as officially sucked all the creativeness out of me. Damn.)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're feeling a little better.

I agree this weather is weird. I just turned the air on- it's October, for crying in a bucket!

Ali said...

Your book is beautiful. Who knew you were such a softie at heart?

Marshamlow said...

global warming? happy anniversary!

PamKittyMorning said...

Wow, what a darling book. Super cute photos. Love the photo of Darwin under the table. I can just hear him making a kind of growly sound. What a couple of cards they are. Or so I think from your stories. Glad you're feeling better.

Anonymous said...

wow - you are hotter there than here in vegas! bizarro! Love your book! what a sweet wife you are!

Anonymous said...

That's a great gift for your anniversary! And Monica put together a great package for you.. to bad it took so long to get to you but it is nice to get something when you aren't feeling well. (I've had a head cold for over 2 weeks to... the mucous keeps on coming.)

Anonymous said...

love the minibook idea.

Glad you're feeling better too!

Anonymous said...

happy anniversary. colds suck. even more so when it's 90+ degrees. crazy kansas weather!

that is a-dor-a-ble. you are too sweet, my little punky barbie.

; )

Anonymous said...

I can just hear Darwin growling. No one plays the monster like he does! I'm glad you're finally feeling better ... maybe I will see you IRL soon!

Anonymous said...

We've had some seriously lingering stuff over here too. Go away already.

We made snickerdoodles last week too -- full of gluten though.

95 all week here - normal fall in TX.

Kim said...

How bad is it that I know EXACTLY where you bought that mug, and likely what month?!!