Friday, September 29, 2006

I've Never Been too Good With Names; the Cellar Door Was Open, I Could Never Stay Away

Yesterday after Griffin got out of preschool, Darwin wanted to play at the preschool park. This drives Griffin crazy (which, awesome, as I love driving my kids crazy). While Darwin was climbing, sliding and screaming TA-DA, Griffin took it upon himself to settle into a nice patch of dirt.

Random Kid: "Griffin, whatcha doin'?"

Griffin: "I'm making smoke. It's an experiment."

Random Kid: "Cool! I want to help make smoke too!"

Griffin: "Sorry. You can't. It's an experiment. I need a controlled environment."

Random Kid: "I can't help? Why not?"

Griffin: "When you do experiments, your environment needs to be Very Controlled. You can only have one factor being different. Everything else has to stay the same. Since I can't control you, you can't help me with my experiment."

Me: ::blink, blink::

Random Kid: "Oh. Okay."

Griffin: "But we can play Star Wars tomorrow. I get to be Darth Maul."

Random Kid: "Okay! See you tomorrow!"

Obviously, Griffin's watching a wee bit too much of the NASA station to be knowing all this stuff about controlled environments and experiments.

And? Crap. He's going to out-nerd me in no time at the rate he's going.

And it's Friday. Which means time for another Whip it Up...


Something for Aaron. More on that Monday.

I also have another WIP... it's nearly the end of the month. Which, by now, everyone should know what that means.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Griffin is awesome. I love nerdy kids.

Anonymous said...

Ooohhh! Yea! Music links coming! Get me hip, please! The new music I was excited abou this week was the new Tony Bennett duets album. Yes, you can ask how old I am. Aparently, ancient!

Good one, Griffin! Out nerd your momma! And freak out all the other kids on the playground!

Have a swell weekend!

Anonymous said...

nerdy kids (will) rule the world.

um, and yeah, I think i might have that WIP going on here too....THANK GOD.

Anonymous said...

I love your kids! They're AWESOME! Is that a paper project or fabric?

LLA said...

Ask me just how much I am loving your kid and that whole conversation... just ask me! (that is so freakin' fabulous, I just can't stand it!!! Aren't you just the proudest momma ever????)

Pretty hearts!

Ali said...

Griffin cracks me up, and I love the random kid's "Oh. Okay."

Anonymous said...

Not 'nerd' but 'smart'.

My kids say 'dark vedor' and 'life saver'

They make me life sometimes. Which is just as well after the day I've had.

Anonymous said...

OK - I got called away before making this comment and now I can barely even remember what I read -- but...

Hello - good to catch up on your blog today. I hope everyone up there has recovered from the trip, allergies, colds, and all other yicky things.

PamKittyMorning said...

Hilarious. That kid cracks me up.

Anonymous said...

I really like that paper. I think I have the same stuff!

Marshamlow said...

I so need a controlled environment today! I still haven't mailed your box, so much for my WIP. Today I am working on actually taking a shower.

Joanna said...

I LOVE THAT STORY. Griffin is a genius (but you knew that already). That's a good line to tuck away for future reference when I need to be left alone.

Anonymous said...

Oh, how awesome is that story!!!! And how awesome that mommy brain didnt take over and even though you had been repeating it in your head all day as to remember it, your didnt forget it. Like I seem to do these days. So many cute conversations...if I could ever remember them to tell them again. Thanks for the laugh!

Anonymous said...

Oh my! Your Griffin is a brilliant, nerdy child!

MéLisa said...

Your kids crack me up! I need a very controlled environment!!! Hahahaha!!! The best part is it sounds like he actually understood what he was saying & not just spewing out something he heard! That is too freaking great!