Monday, September 04, 2006

She Ain't Really Tryin' to Cause a Scene, it Just Comes Natur'lly (No the Girl Can't Help it)

Every weekend should be a three day weekend.


Friday night I went to the Santa-Cali-Gon Days... I really wish I could say I got lots of crafting inspiration. But I can't.

I can say that, apparently, if you paint "It's Five O'Clock Somewhere" on anything that you think it's gonna sell. Also? "Babe, I done gotchew a cold beer" is a really popular saying.

Saturday's dinner was awesome. No one had any reaction from the gluten-free lasagna and the German chocolate cake came out pretty well (note to self: you don't have to use all the frosting you make).


The birthday boy.

Yesterday was spent doing yard work.


Ah, the branch...


... the fucking branch.


The fucking branch that has four different molds on it...


... and something that looks like coral.


Gratuitous Darwin shot.

I spent a few hours pulling weeds yesterday, and I really wish I had before and after shots -- but I don't. But I will say I now have a huge empty patch in one of the beds that needs to be filled. I'm thinking new irises and lilies.... but I'm not sure.

And we still have one more day of the weekend left... Aaron's off getting some car maintenance done and I was suppose to pull weeds when he gets home. But considering the massive allergy attack I'm experiencing, I'm hoping to sew the afternoon away...

I love three day weekends.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

how about planting some pumpkins?

(just joking)

LLA said...

Sorry that SantaCaliGon days weren't more inspirational - however, I am pleased to learn that some other stupid saying has knocked "When I die bury me at WalMart so my wife will come and see me" from the number one spot.

The birthday dinner sounds like it was lovely...
(note to self: you can eat all the extra frosting with a spoon before anyone else knows of its existence...)

Marshamlow said...

massive allergy attack? Hope you feel better soon.

kirsten said...

Nice branch.

kirsten said...

Oh, and it's somehow comforting to see that your craft fairs are as sophisticated as ours. Californians and North Queenslanders are obviously kindred spirits.

Anonymous said...

My allergies have been keeping me out of the garden, too. Well, at least, that's the excuse I use. :) I don't like to weed.

I'd give you some irises for your bare spot, but I don't know when I will be dividing them (another garden chore I don't like). I skipped the division last year because it was so horrible the last time I did it.

Paula Adams Perez said...

I LOVE German chocolate cake! It is my birthday cake every year! My hubby has made me one every year for 18 years so far, and even braved the long g.f. recipe when I quit wheat 2 years ago and he couldn't use a mix anymore. Now THAT's love! (Oh, and I always make twice the frosting I need so I can eat half!) Glad you liked the illustration - the swearing was for you!

PamKittyMorning said...

Bummer about the show. And the mold. Glad the food was good. Hope the rest of the weekend was good.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a nice weekend. It was so nice to see you Sunday.

And everyone, the cake and the frosting both ROCKED! I got to have some of the left-overs! Ha ha.

Anonymous said...

Looks like a good weekend! Glad you got to get out and about. The birthday boy pic is great and your yard still looks big and green even with a stupid, moldy branch in it! ;-)

Anonymous said...

I love 3-day weekends too. It looks like you have some lovely lichens on your tree branch. It is a treasure trove of microscopic life, but it will probably be just as happy at the dump. ;)

Kim -today's creative blog said...

Love that photo of Darwin! So funny. Made me laugh out loud.
The branch........it's gone now isn't it? The tree doesn't have 4 different molds does it?

Anonymous said...

glad your dinner turned out well!

and that branch? amazing. wonder why it took so long to fall????

and sewing? is this your first time since you broke your foot?