Tuesday, September 26, 2006

...and in the End We Shall Achieve in Time the Thing They Call Divine, When All the Stars Will Smile for Me, Then All is Well and Well Was All for All

Surely I'm not the only person sick and tired of all my medi-speak. Seriously.

(Seriously. Now that Grey's Anatomy is back on tv, I'm going to be saying seriously all the fucking time. Seriously. Seriously -- it's the new like. Seriously.)

Remember when I use to make stuff? Like sew? Or scrapbook? Or embroider? I miss those days. Don't you? I sure do. Yep. I miss them.

Instead, I spend every waking moment staring at the computer learning about antigen therapy and a whole slew of medical shit that makes my eyes glaze over just thinking about all of it. Or I feel bad and depressed because I realized that today is the one year anniversary of Darwin's eye accident.

So today, I choose to be happy. Or, at least, to put a really fake smile on my face and make believe.

I started with a shower. Yes! Good idea! Wash away all the negativity. Then I took a walk around the garden (note to self: use bottled up aggression to pull weeds. Lots and lots of weeds). Now I'm going to pick up the house (a cluttered house leads to a cluttered mind. AND IS MY MIND EVER CLUTTERED). And hopefully later, lots of creativity.

Creativity or ouzo. One or the other.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seriously. You could combine the two and just say "like seriously!"

But seriously, stuff cannot be bad all the time. Something's gotta give. And it will. Soon. Good luck with that internet research. And with de-cluttering. I've got a butt-load of de-cluttering to do, but I can tell you right now, it's not going to happen anytime soon.

Anonymous said...

What a bummer of an anniversary. I think your weeding/decluttering/creativity ideas are on the right track, but I certainly wouldn't rule out the possible role of ouzo. You do what you gotta do. ;)

LLA said...

Hey sweetie - your "making stuff" days will return, I promise. You're just on a mission right now...

Hope that fake smile works its magic and is replaced soon by a real-er one....

xxxooo

Anonymous said...

Ah, the crafts can wait! This is a hard anniversary. Take a cue from Darwin though -- I'll bet he isn't too down about it. Kids are so resiliant. Sometimes I feel like we lose a lot of smarts as we get older -- kids know so many things that we've forgotten.

I'm a Grey's watcher, too. I'll be on the road this week though, so I'll have to tape it. Yes, VHS -- no Tivo here.

Berber said...

Or a little of both?!
Have a good day!!

nuttnbunny said...

Oh dear, little, sweet boy!

That's my mantra for the day...

MéLisa said...

I have no idea about Grey's because we only get two freaking tv channels & that is not one of them, but I like the "like seriously" idea!

Hang in there lady! I am sure that Amy H is right kids are super resiliant. Your crafty days will return! Have faith sister!

Anonymous said...

What a blessed boy Darwin is to have a Mommy that will do all this research and go to bat for him! A lazier mom would have just given up. Good for you. He's worth it.

Leah said...

Great idea - I think I'll choose to be happy too - fake till you make it, right?!

You can call me Betty, or Bethany, or Beth ...Just don't call me late for dinner. said...

I am amazed at all you have done.. all you will do.. and I sure hope that someone somewhere can find something to make your little character a bit more comfy in that itchy skin of his..
wishing all good things for him and you and his big bro too.

I vote Crafts AND Ouzo.. just no hot glue guns and ouzo.

PamKittyMorning said...

Hope the day worked out well. There's another one coming tomorrow, seriously.

Anonymous said...

i vote ouzo, but then I'm sitting here with a mojito, so don't trust me for objectivity ; )

whew, what a road with your gorgeous, precious little man. you can do it.

xxxxx

Anonymous said...

Sister pass the bottle! Seriously.

Kim -today's creative blog said...

good lord you have had quite the time! I suggest both, the creativity and ouzo.
How is his eye now?

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Laura. Stay positive. It surely can't hurt. Kids are very Zen-ish, you know. They live in the present and deal with the legos (or train set) in front of them. They don't dwell. We should try it too.

And you've heard the saying... "things just don't go well without beer." It could just as easliy read Ouzo. Seriously. :)