Tuesday, October 16, 2007

And I've Been Waiting Such a Long Time for Today

Pumpkin Patch Day is my favorite-ist day of the year.

No cooking is involved, no presents to buy and the weather is always perfect.

After HUGE thundershowers all day Saturday, we made our annual pilgrimage to the patch, about 40 minutes away.


Yes, as a matter of fact: this is the best I do at chronicalling the children's growth. Don't fucking judge me.


(Pssstt... wanna know a secret? Our mommy makes us have our pictures taken next to these damn pumpkins every damn year and every damn year we throw a damn hissy fit but she doesn't get the damn memo.)


The hay maze was Griffin's favorite this year.


"This is my bay-bee pumpkin."

"But Darwin, it's rotten. Don't you want another pumpkin?"

"No! This is my bay-bee. Mine."


See? Evidence of the rain.


For some reason, this didn't come home with us. Where the fuck did it go?


My favorite this year.


Thank goodness for tractor-pulled hay rides.


An even 100 pounds of pumpkins came home with us.

Now to figure out how they fuck they should be arranged.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, that looks totally awesome. We need to make it there this year!

Oil Cloth Junkie said...

Looks like a great time!

And what is with the children and the small green pumpkins? All the kids in Maisy's class kept freaking out over the "baby" pumpkins and got upset when we made them get normal ones.

Chickenbells said...

Hey...better you mark up someone else's wall with the kids heights...and not your own (I don't remember Martha doing a decorating segment on that one) Dang...you guys have great looking pumpkins...I gotta' go out to ours and check it out this weekend...

Marshamlow said...

Oh, so sweet. I am glad you had so much fun.

Leah said...

That looks like so much fun - surely some enterprising farmer in Australia would like do this!

~Molly~ said...

Oh they are GORGEOUS!! All of them are my favorites! Our nearest pumpkin farm is about 2 hours away. We went once but the kids didn't get a whole lot out of it except they did enjoy the chickens. They didn't have a maze of any kind.

You can call me Betty, or Bethany, or Beth ...Just don't call me late for dinner. said...

Farm Out. We have our quest soon.. and I love that 12 years old is definitely not to old to hit the punkin' patch.

futuregirl said...

Sounds like an awesome day. Your kids are f'n adorable!

lera said...

Dang, girl! 100 pounds of pumpkin?!?!?

Just for the record, I don't record my children's height either. I was just lamenting over it the other day. I guess it's never too late to start.

Chara Michele said...

Growing up my best friend's parents recorded my height on their wall along with their kids, since my parents never did:) So you did better than my parents:)

Looks like a fun day!

Rachel said...

We are going this weekend. I am hoping for better weather than last Saturday.

Dude, we don't do height measurements either. I mean, who the hell ever looks at their parents later and says "hey! Where the hell is my growth chart." Same thing with teeth. It kind of freaks me out when people know the exact number of teeth their toddlers have at any given time. Trust me, you do NOT want to put your finger in Zoe's mouth.

gwendomama said...

here's what i don't fucking get. why do we (in california) have CORN MAZES? and YOU, in KANSAS have hay mazes????? don't y'all have CORN OR WHAT?

Anonymous said...

You came to the pumpkin patch and didn't CALL me? Bad, bad Laura.

I'm going tomorrow w/ E's class. The weather forecast is "raw." And if it rains as much as it is supposed to today, I'll be really thankful for my rainboots.
laeroport

Angelina said...

I have to go to the pumpkin patch this week-end. Since the only pumpkin that grew in my yard is barely two inches in size, I think I need to buy a hundred pounds for myself.

Will you cook any of them or are they for carving and decorating only?

nuttnbunny said...

I want this patch - in glitter.

btw - Got my Lego City Advent. Which did you choose (please say "all")

Anonymous said...

Wish we get nice pumpkin patch weather... we get 85 degree and very sunny weather.
Woe is me, blah blah blah, living here in Hawaii, I'm sure things could be worse for us!

Amanda Jean said...

pumpkin day looks like so much fun!