Friday, June 02, 2006

Today is the Greatest Day I've Ever Known

Last night during dinner, Griffin started complaining that his tummy hurt. I made him sit on the couch and he insisted on having the boo-boo bunny (which, by the way, we need more of).

Two hours later, his tummy still hurt. In his belly button. And his belly was as hard as a rock.

I talked to Aaron, and we both thought it might be a hernia. Especially since Aaron had one when he was four years old too. Nice.

As we were getting ready for bed last night, both boys were in the bathroom causing a ruckus. Griffin starting talking about all the blood (ahem) and I had to explain to him that that meant I didn't have a baby in my belly. And that was good, because he doesn't want anymore babies.

This morning I woke up and realized that the big ruckus caused me to forget to use a feminine hygiene product. Nice.

After being awake for about half an hour, Griffin started complaining about his belly again. Nice.

I called the doctor's office and made an appointment for this morning (we're leaving in a few minutes). In the meantime, I needed to take a shower.

I jumped in, sudsed up my hair and realized the water pressure was a little off. I rinsed, threw some conditioner in and started washing up. No water. No trickle. Nothing. Covered in soap. Nice.

I had to use one of the boys' mugs with the faucet barely trickling... I could only get hot water straight from the hot water heater.

Girly bits do not like to be rinsed with water straight from the hot water heater.

And now we are off to the doctor's office. Whom I am quite certain is going to take all damn day and say that unless something is obviously protruding, they aren't going to order a sonogram or do anything about it.

Update: Doctor did a test for a bladder infection, it came back negative. If he's still complaining about his belly in a week or something visually starts pertruding, I'll take him back.

Water's back on, but they are digging up a huge pipe down the street, so I can't really count on it being on all day.

I need a martini.

11 comments:

julie said...

I hope everything turned out ok and everyones feeling better! And the waters running!

Anonymous said...

AHHHH! THAT is all so sucky. I am so sorry. I hope that the dr. trip goes quickly and that it turns out to be nothing. I am thinking of you.
Hope the weekend's brighter.

Anonymous said...

Well - at least you don't need water for martinis. Now, you just need a designated mom for a while and then you could really have a couple :-)

We will hope that the Doctor didn't find anything cause there isn't anything!!

lera said...

what a nightmare! I can't believe they want to wait a week! I always HATE when they say that!

Kim -today's creative blog said...

You better have two........martini's that is.
Does he need to poop? Poor thing.

LLA said...

Oh honey - that is a full-out, 10-on-the-Richter-scale craptacular day!

so, so, sorry...

Ali said...

I think you deserve that martini - a big one.

(And let's just hope it doesn't go the way of the margharitas;)

Anonymous said...

Kick back and pour a great big martini. Friday night is always my favourite as I know I allow myself a couple f drinks and hope I won't be up with the boys during the night! Such a great wayto end the week!

Hope he feels better soon - poor little mite!

Marshamlow said...

Did you see how Oprah stole your lemon martini recipe? You should sue. Enjoy the martini, I hope Griffin is better soon.

Anonymous said...

girl, you can have a martini and I will have a strong margarita, and for an hour, all our problems will cease to exist. Your day was as wonderful as mine.

diana said...

You definitely deserve a martini ! Love the patriotic
quilt Laura..you are a machine!