Thursday, June 22, 2006

My Milkshake Brings all the Boys to the Yard

I'm sitting here working on the cookbook (yes! I'm actually working on the cookbook!) and I've come to a serious conclusion:

I HATE MICROSOFT PUBLISHER.

Bloody hell, how do you all put up with it? Think Aaron will let me buy Quark tonight for $750? It is Darwin's birthday, after all. And I did push him out of my delicate girly bits two years ago today.

I deserve presents and gifts. I did do all the work, after all. And let's not discuss the hell he put me through going into the NICU and almost dying. And let's not discuss his great amount of medical debt, his multiple food allergies (over 250!) or his horrible eye accident. I need a reward!

I need expensive publishing software!

Yes, this all sounds So Logical!

Let's just buy the lot! Quark! InDesign! Photoshop! Acrobat! Illustrator! I don't need Illustrator, but lets get it anyway!

Have I mentioned I HATE PUBLISHER?!

Have I mentioned that Darwin has entered his terrible two's with a VENGEANCE?!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that publisher irritates you, that's what you diserve!!!!!
and I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU LIKE PARIS HILTON'S SOGN (I DON'T KNOW YOU ANYMORE, THE WORLD MUST BE COMING TO AN END!!!!)

Anonymous said...

happy birthing day to you. you are absolutely right, you deserve whatever will make you a happy woman today!

Anonymous said...

The Adobe Creative Suite has Illustrator, Photoshop, GoLive, InDesign (must be like Pagemaker which is like Quark). It's around $800 I think. BUT if you go enroll in a class at JCCC you'll get the student discount which takes it down to something like $500.

YES, you deserve it. Happy Birthday, Baby, I mean Boy D.

lera said...

happy birthday to little darwin!

i think it's a grand idea to get a present on your child's birthday! i think i should tell joe that one! (imagine ... six for me!!!)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Darwin! Of course you deserve it! Just like I deserve my giant dream house. uh hum.
Well, it's a business cost? Can you enroll in that class and not really take it but still get the discount? 8-)

Anonymous said...

oh yes, and my milkshake has never brought a single boy to the yard. sad but true.

Anonymous said...

I agree. Microsoft sucks. Quick story - my nephew was learning to read and was asking what everything said on the computer. when the Mircrosfot logo came up I said "That says Microsoft" and he said, "No, it says "now you gotta wait". LMAO. true story! The kid is comedy. he is also known for chanting about his family "We're #2 We're #2". LOL.

diana said...

Yessss you deserve it... happy birthday to little D..
so happy to hear you are working on that cookbook..
that is great !!!

Anonymous said...

You deserve a gift. We all do on our kids birthday.
The terribe two's suck. I'm right there in that hell with you.