Wednesday, February 25, 2009

So Don't Tell Me You Might Just Let it Go

Griffin's been home sick from school for three days thus far.

And I can't decide what's worse: losing track of how many times I clean out the vomit bucket or having a child who's taking advantage and faking once he's actually fine.

Parenting: way fucking more than you bargined for


So I've been having him read to me today because mwahahahaha, that'll teach you a lesson boy.

But I don't think it did.

Because now he loves reading.

6 comments:

Keyona said...

Yeah I tried the reading thing as punishment and it turned into a damn funfest! That's teach me huh?

Anonymous said...

Curses, foiled again!

MichelleB said...

Ah, puke. My favorite part of motherhood. NOT. Reading, however, was one of my favorite parts.

Unknown said...

Eww... the dreaded throw up bucket. My kids just went through a round of that. But Kudos for getting him hooked on reading - even if it bit you in the butt.

Winks & Smiles,
Wifey

vintagechica said...

He, he...that's one way to do it. Here, it seems to involve lots of screaming and yelling.

Anonymous said...

No 2 hurt his leg at a party yesterday. No 2 thought he couldn't go to school today. No 2 was wrong. No 2 shouldn't have jumped on the trampoline 'with his seriously hurting bad leg' for hours, if that was his plan.

No 2, has to learn he CAN'T WIN with mummy.

Not yet, anyway.