Monday, May 11, 2009

One by One I Counted on Those Happy Days

Oh, hi.

Yes, I'm alive.

After running a 103 fever for five days.

Three trips to doctors.

One IV bag.

Four prescriptions.

Countless answers of "no" when asked have you been to Mexico recently?

And one big-ass paranoia episode of needing to write letters beyond my grave thanks to the "high likelihood of depression and anxiety" thanks the flu medicine.

::cough, cough::

And one new love affair with cough syrup spiked with codeine.

Seriously. That stuff rocks.

8 comments:

Keyona said...

Cooties, cooties, you've got the cooties! Hope you feel better hon! :o)

Ali said...

Sheesh. Not good. Apart from the elixir of cough syrups.

LauraJ said...

I do hope you feel better soon!!

Clare said...

Eek! Get well soon!

Angelina said...

Yeah, I was worried about you lady. it's better to be alive and addicted to cough syrup than dead from a non-swine-related flu.

I'm glad your recovering!

Liz said...

Glad to hear you are on the mend.

I also have fond memories of codine...

tonks said...

Oh man I love that cough syrup. Feel better soon!

***Sharon*** said...

Not like you have a life or anything but I wish you would post more often! I am always guaranteed a good chuckle when you do! I even posted about your blog on mine and have passed on an award to you. Stop by my place to pick it up! Hope you get to feeling better soon!