Saturday, March 22, 2008

Sweet Like Candy to My Soul

Home. Home. We are so happy to be home.

Once we got "south" enough away from Michigan, everything began to show hints of green. We spent two days in the car pointing to fields and screaming, "Green!" "Green!" "GREEN!"

Actually, it was this close to getting on my nerves but I really didn't care. We came from Michigan that looked like this:


To getting home and finding these gems in our yard:

{crocus}

{unnamed plant but smells wonderful}

{daffodils}

{tulips}

{surprise lilies}

{lilac}

All home. All safe. All sound. Totally ready for spring.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Flickr, sister. Flickr.

(glad you're home safely.)

montague said...

welcome home!!! and what a green welcome you get! lucky lady with a back yard... not jealous. not at all. NOPE.

Anonymous said...

The unnamed plant looks like it might be in the apple family. Welcome home and yay for green!

futuregirl said...

There's no place like home.

Anonymous said...

Yay GREEN!!!! Yay HOME!!!!

World Wide Alternative said...

Yay!
Welcome home...Xxx

Floaterie said...

What lovelies to come home to! =)

Glad you all made it home safe and sound!

Green-Eyed Momster said...

I'm glad that you are home safe and sound. I have tulips coming up too! It's so awesome!

Chickenbells said...

Welcome home...I think we may have made it through another winter (at least, I've been sneezing like crazy which means things are blooming here in allergyville) Happy Spring!

Anonymous said...

I don't normally stop too long at the title, but this one made me pause. Nothing like a little DMB to brighten the day.

And. CROCUSES!!!!!! My favorites. They mean spring to me, moreso than anything else. Love them.

Heidijayhawk said...

glad you guys made it home safe. i am am VERY ready for spring and it looks like you guys are on the verge of color over there!

montague said...

mmmmh - have you seen this: http://mightyjunior.com/archives/2008/03/lego-egg-timer

Lisa said...

Glad to hear you made it home safely. Happy Spring!

Renee said...

Me too!

amy h said...

Welcome home! I love all the signs of spring. Bring on the green!

Suzie Sews At DOTTY RED said...

AMAZING PICTURES...