Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Recognize I'm a Fool and Ya Loooooove Me!

Went to another doctor yesterday got some more tests and found out I have a fabulous case of pnuemonia. So now I have some antibiotics that I'm not allergic to, but make me throw up more than a bulimic teenager.

(Jesus Christ, Laura, that's fucking inappropriate.)

Now, let's get caught up on the Lego advent calendar, shall we?

Day Seventeen
Officer Marshall told you to back off. And he means it. Now, back off.

Day Eighteen
Now, I know you are probably thinking, what the fuck? And you know what? That's a very good question. We have decided this is either an airplane de-icing machine or fuel pump.

In either case, you need to read the Manger story really carefully to realize why it is in the advent calendar. It's a little known fact that, because Joseph didn't have forceps, he needed the help of 21st century airplane equipment to help him deliver baby Jesus.

It is a story of miracles, after all.

18 comments:

MéLisa said...

Oh how I love your blog!
Let me count the ways!!!!

1)You are sooooooo funny!!!!!
2)I LOVE the advent calendar & all the back stories for each item
3)Again YOU crack me up! You sweet inappropriate funny lady you!
4)You have really cute little boys who also crack me up.
5)You understand my pain of living in this God forsaken state of mine!

Anonymous said...

what about tear gas, do you think there might be tear gas for #21? or a taser?
feel better!

Anonymous said...

Um, I don't think there is any mention of aircraft equipment in the Bible's nativity story. Get it right, Lego. (You know I joke, right?)

So, these antibiotics make you sick, but you're not allergic to them? So this is the *better* reaction? Sounds great.

I'm taking Elise in to get her lungs checked this afternoon. She's got quite a racket going on in there now.

Emy said...

I thought it was some kind of probe....

Hope you feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

good to see the antibiotic didn't kill your sense of humour!

hang in there girl!

LLA said...

I'm glad to see you had trouble identifying it as well... I have to admit, I was afraid it was some sort of inappropriate probe - so I like your explanation far better...

Angelina said...

Poor Mary. No sex, but a difficult labor.

heatherfeather said...

see, most of us seemed to have thought the de-icing machine was meant to penetrate and violate any number of orifices available. i'm glad you don't think so!

DeLunaDesign said...

I've just spent an hour reading your blog. I cant get enough. You are hilarious, and your boys are great. Whats up with the Lego Advent Calendar? Awesome!
Anyway, I hope you feel better soon, and keep up the inappropriateness!

Anonymous said...

will you get better already?!?

Kim -today's creative blog said...

So glad you found some meds, hopefully you will stop throwing them up.

Love your comment on being inappropriate about the teenage bulimic. You made me laugh out loud.

Berber said...

Hope you feel better soon!!

Paula Adams Perez said...

Hi Laura,
Well, no, it won't be gluten-free, but I'm really not into EATING gingerbread houses. Too rocklike! I'd rather make yummy g.f. cookies instead!
I'm sorry you're sick! Here, maybe this will make you feel better - a video of my 9 yr old son wrestling a cute blond girl last weekend. (Too weird! I can hardly stand to watch) Paula
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fI5CzhuBtQo

Anonymous said...

Get well soon! If you are not allergic to the meds, how come you are puking? I am confused.

dee said...

ok that advent calender is just wrong on so many levels.

and Officer Marshall needs to just chill out.

Soo said...

still love that advent calendar.
get better soon!!!

Anonymous said...

Okay now, that last lego is just wrong.

Anonymous said...

Yes, 'what the fuck' was exactly what I was thinking!

I hope the puke-inducing drugs help you with your fabuloso pneumonia.