Saturday, December 02, 2006

Its Okay I Understand, This Ain't No Never-Never Land

Pam did it, so did Betty. So I'm doing it too.

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
I've never had an egg nog that I like. But hot chocolate isn't particularly Christmas-y since I make it All Year Long.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
When I was a child, Santa left the biggest gift unwrapped. When Aaron was a child, Santa "borrowed" his mother's gift wrap.

So far in our home, Santa has his own special wrap. ::sigh:: And he wraps everything he leaves.

Of course, our children don't know the difference, since we don't put any presents under the tree until after they go to bed Christmas evening. By the time I was four, I could unwrap and rewrap presents perfectly. Ahem. And since our boys are So Freaking Nosey, we don't even give the opportunity to snoop. Of course, this means they think Santa leaves everything.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
Doesn't matter, as long as it is *tasteful*.

4. Do you hang mistletoe?
No. I demand lots of kisses all year long. And? Someone would probably be allergic to it.

5. When do you put your decorations up?
Whenever I harp on Aaron enough to do it. Usually, the first or second weekend in December. Supposedly, we are doing it tomorrow after breakfast. ::gulp::

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
What do you mean excluding dessert? Is there anything else?

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child:
I don't have a favorite, exactly, just that I remember waiting FOREVER for my dad to wake up on Christmas morning and the suspense would nearly kill me.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
I don't particularly remember. I do remember pretending not to know the truth for a long time as to not hurt my dad's feelings.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
When I was a child, my dad would let me open one gift that he picked out (fucking pajamas). Kathy's family celebrates on Christmas Eve, so ever since then we do open presents with my parents on Christmas Eve and then have Christmas morning with the boys.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree?
It's a mismash of everything. Lights, handmade ornaments, ornaments that was my mom's and lots and lots of Hallmark ornaments.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?
Love it! Just don't love the ice.

12. Can you ice skate?
Hell to the no. I dated a guy once that played ice hockey and he really tried to teach me, but I just kept falling on my ass.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
One year my dad got me a shadow box. I had no clue what it was, but once he explained to to me I loved it. Miniature anythings are awesome.

And one year I bought a snowman figure for Aaron to give his aunt in the family drawing. I loved that snowman and they only had one. Aaron ended up giving it to me for Christmas.

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
Spending time with family and friends.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?
I love making tons of different cookies, which I didn't get to do last year (just two months after being diagnosed with the what allergy). Every year I make different dessert-desserts, cheesecakes, big tortes, sorbets. If it has sugar in it, I love it.

17. What tops your tree?
My parents got us a really beautiful angel. But since hearing that joke and Santa or Jesus shoving the Christmas tree up the angel's ass, I can't look at it with a straight face anymore. Aaron wants a light-up star because he claims the angel is too Christian (hello, ever hear of the Star of David retard?), so we are still trying to figure out what we want to do.

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving?
Giving.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song (s)?
"All I Want for Christmas is My Two Front Teeth." My dad had it on vinyl, a little girl was singing it. The basement flooded, the album got ruined, thrown out and no one told me. Now I can't find the album or that version of the song anywhere.

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum?
Yum! I love grinding them up and using them in cakes and cookies.

And to help the holiday spirit all that more, here is the first Lego Advent Calendar item...

All he is missing is a ciggie hanging out of his mouth.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was so going to do this on Monday (and tag you!!!!). You beat me to it.

Love the lego man!

Berber said...

At least the Lego man is looking a lot more innocent than last year's :))

You can call me Betty, or Bethany, or Beth ...Just don't call me late for dinner. said...

hurray..
That Lego guy was working in my backyard last month.. glad he found another job to take.

Anonymous said...

Dessert and sugar...mmmm! Oh, and all that other stuff, haha. I think I dated that lego guy.

LLA said...

Very interesting! I love knowing other's holiday thoughts and celebrations.

Oh - and for the first 12 years we were married, Bubba and I put a dinosaur hand puppet (Sera from the "Land Before Time" to be exact. She was some sort of "Happy Meal" type toy that Bubba got at Pizza Hut along with his personal Pan Pizza....) on top of the tree... Loved her.

Anonymous said...

Well, it looks like this Lego set is a little more innocent than last year's, but only by a little. :) Maybe they need to make the Grand Theft Auto Lego Advent Calendar. Ah, how I amuse myself.

Fun list!

Anonymous said...

Bad ass legos? The things I miss.

Chickenbells said...

Well...I love all that info! I have a sock monkey/santa guy for the top of my tree...Although I just got a new huge tree (well...tall at any rate) and am a little worried about the clearance...Did you try iTunes for the song? I wish I had it, I would send it to you!

Kim -today's creative blog said...

Love the lego guy........love your comment even more.
We used to put one of those pointy things on top of the tree when I was little. I think we now have a star or an angel.........but we have to tie her on. She lost her insides. :) Poor girl.

Love the list. I have seen it a few times now. I may have to steal it.

PamKittyMorning said...

(Poor Kim and her hysterectomy angel)

Love the Lego advent calendar and I hope you show a picture everyday. Because I need it, you hear me.

Love your list.

Marshamlow said...

I do believe I am seeing a bit of Christmas spirit shining through here! Yeah.

Paula Adams Perez said...

Hi Laura, I tagged you!

Anonymous said...

I went back and forth on whether or not to get the Lego Advent thingie and then time got away from me. So I'll just have to be happy with what Lego fun you post here. :)

We had an OLD Mr. Potato Head that came with a pipe. We were told that they no longer make the pipes with the change in our culture and all. Maybe 30 years ago your Lego guy would've had one...