Friday, May 09, 2008

California Dreamin'

Earlier this week, I signed Griffin up for the Lego BrickMaster program. Apparently, I figured I hadn't been spending enough time keeping Lego sets organized (I'm down with OCD, yeah you know me) and Griffin doesn't have enough Legos to use despite us easily having over 10,000 bricks in the house.

Yesterday he received his first package and carefully examined all his paperwork. Then, he curled up in my lap with this in his hand, and sweetly asked me to read it to him.


All of it. Right down to the "Management hereby declares itself not responsible for theft or loss of any personal property."

Griffin batted his eyelashes and proclaimed "read it again, mama!" like it was the bestest bedtime story he had ever heard.

Then the questions started.

"Mom, where's California?"

"On the west coast."

"How many days does it take to drive to California?"

"I don't know... three or four I guess."

"Oh. Hmmm.... how many days does it take to fly to California?"

"Just one day, Griff."

"Mom. Can we go on an airplane and go to California? I need to go to Legoland."

Dude. For the past 25 hours all I've heard about is Legoland and California. Right now, as in right now, the boys are in the living room flying airplanes and x-wing fighters to California.

Uh.... how long is this suppose to last?

14 comments:

The Nice Lady said...

I have bad news for you...

Anonymous said...

oh, man i am DREADING the day my kids find out about legoland.

dreading.

Anonymous said...

Can you distract him with some new Indiana Jones legos?
Have a good weekend!

Chickenbells said...

Um...until you go? Just DON'T mention Disneyland...

Dixie Howard said...

Awww, I live in California, but not even remotely close to Legoland. If I did, I'd say c'mon out!!!
Sorry!

Me and Him said...

my brother finally got to go to Legoland when he was 19, so it lasts a long tome.

Anonymous said...

Watch and see your kids make it happen. San Diego, here you come!!!

montague said...

they will wear you down and until u pack'em in the car and start driving west. ah, to be a child again ;)

Anonymous said...

Whatever happened with the Legoland they were planning to build in Missouri? If that ever happens, we'll probably have to buy a membership to the park.

MichelleB said...

Legoland is great! We took our kids almost 10 years ago - and it was perfect for them! It's probably about a two day drive for you - okay, two LOOOONG days. But they would LOVE it. I'm a couple away from it.

Ali said...

Oh go the whole hog woman - there's a Legoland in Windsor. It's an hour from the airport and an hour from me. When are you coming?

Norma said...

Been to Legoland. I live in OR but I'm from Carlsbad (home of LL) so we go visit often.

What blows the mind is all the Lego creatures and structures are all from over the counter Lego's you can buy at any store. Their ability is staggering!!

You need to go. You'd all like it lots.

gwendomama said...

OMFG we are a-goin to legoland in about a month and its all I can talk about. my kids don't even CARE about disney, cause i have made legoland sound SO DAMN FUNNER!
squidalicious is allowing us to puppysit her mom's dog in la jolla for a couple o weeks....wanns come? should i ssee if its avail after blogher? you could bring the fam!

Joanne : The Simple Wife said...

Having lived just five minutes from Legoland, let me just say that it would totally be worth the trip...

:)