Thursday, March 25, 2010

I'm Sippin' On Some Sunshine

I got my third shot today (sidenote: OUCH) and everything is slowly getting better.

Last week I was officially released from bedrest, but no one told my uterus. Many days have been spent on my back (and not like from the good ole college days) with my feet up. There was a time when, honestly, I thought measuring the circumference of my ankles daily would be a good idea.

For prosperity's sake.

But this week is so much nicer, the bulbs I stowed away last fall are beginning to bud.


And last week spring arrived. And promptly left. Don't believe me?


Oh, Kansas. You can be so damn fickle.

And today is certainly looking up...


My smoothie obsession is alive and kicking. I even bought one of those mixers where you mix everything in single servings but the big upside is all the components are dishwasher safe. This means I'm drinking two smoothies a day and even making gluten and dairy-free ones for the boys (sorbet, frozen fruit, rice milk).

This one is my favorite so far, low-fat greek yogurt, frozen berry mix, hemp seeds and low-fat milk. I actually made "nom nom nom" sounds.

And the garden is beginning to look up as well...




... and I'm starting to feel like me again. Real-me. Not crazy-ass-pregnant-with-preterm-labor-me.

Apparently three is a magic number.

5 comments:

teaginny said...

Glad you're feeling better! Hope you can come to the April Guild Meeting.

Unknown said...

Boo snow and yay three!

Rebecca F. said...

Good to hear that you are feeling better. I was worrying.

That snowman is huge and fantastic! They look so proud of it.

Rebecca.

You can call me Betty, or Bethany, or Beth ...Just don't call me late for dinner. said...

I'm so glad that it's working.
Sorry about your fake spring.
It should come back to stay very soon.

heidi said...

glad to hear things are looking up. i was the queen of crappy labor and the kids were lucky they were damn cute because there would only have been one if they weren't. not kidding. now i want a smoothie. thanks.