Thursday, July 24, 2008

Oh No, What Do We Do?

I'm so goddamn upset, I only have three words for you:


Oh yes. Okay, maybe I have more than three because my GOD DAMN DISHWASHER IS BROKEN AGAIN. (I totally just typed "dishwaster" that's awesome.)

Less than three years ago we spent an arm and a leg (okay, not really, we charged a ridiculous amount of money to a credit card) to buy a sanitizing dishwasher. At that point we were gluten-free but Darwin was still having a lot of allergy-skin problems and we wanted a sanitizer dishwasher. Less than a year later, we had service on it which would have cost us an arm, had we not had the warranty on it. That's when we decided it was a really good idea to continue warranties on Our Stuff because hell, it's a lot cheaper than one service call.

Last year, we had the same damn situation - one service call. This year we've had two calls, one of which being less than two weeks ago (and what would have been charged? over five-fucking-hundred bucks). And now?

Well, now? Now the sonofabitch is pouring water on our floor. Aaron partially dismantled it yesterday and all the foam encasing was full of water as well. Now we have another service call tomorrow (thank Goddess for warranties) but I just have to ask: where can I get me one of them 30 year old dishwashers that last forever? Because this is fucking ridiculous; although, not as fucking ridiculous as dawning the latex-free rubber gloves and spending two hours washing dishes by hand and GUESS WHAT I DID THIS MORNING.

9 comments:

Ali said...

When white goods turn bad... the revenge of the rubber glove.

Good luck with that engineer!

Heidijayhawk said...

oh god help you sista!

Jessica said...

Bad bad bad dishwasher. We just spent an arm, leg and my right kidney for a new fridge. The old one decided that even after $300 worth of new parts and service it was only going to hold on for a month and then die completely. They just do not make things the way they used too.

Stacy said...

ah heck. that sucks. but, I wouldn't mention the whole "Partially dismantled it" thing to your service guy. You know... in case it negates the warranty or something. :)

tonkelu said...

That...that...how does that work? Washing dishes by hand? Surely you jest?

Two words: paper plates.

I'm so sorry. If you're so inclined your welcome to load up the dirty dishes and bring 'em over here. I'll even use the sanitize cycle.

My mom has a Bosch and she loves it. When our dishwasher goes (and since it's only 2-years old it'll probably be 18-months from now or something ridiculous like that) I think I'm going to get a Bosch.

If it makes you feel any better, we had to replace our $1200 washing machine that was only four years old a few weeks ago. I was so pissed. Granted, we got it at the scratch and dent section of Nebraska Furniture Mart for half that but, still, had I paid full price for that SOB I would be livid. I think the dryer is getting ready to go now (FUCK!). If there's one thing I've learned from this: always, always, always read Consumer Reports. Had I done that I would've known that the brand we purchased did a beautiful job of washing but had a piss poor reliability and repair record.

Let's get together and commiserate about appliances soon...

LLA said...

oh, how it sucks when your appliances turn on you...

I say that you go out to eat (gluten-free Outback, anyone???) until is fixed...

Wendy said...

We just installed our new dishwasher. Our old one bit the dust almost a year ago, leaking water on the floor every time we used it. We've been handwashing dishes ever since.

Yesterday, my sister admitted how wonderful it felt to put a dirty dish in our dishwasher instead of having to wash it in the sink.

Personally, I've kind of gotten into the Zen vibe of handwashing dishes. But, that doesn't stop me from feeling excited to use the dishwasher. I feel like a 50's housewife with a new appliance.

Good luck with yours.

Anonymous said...

Well, that makes me think twice about replacing our old dishwasher (which still works but is kinda rusty on the racks). I hope it's back up and running soon. What a pain. Somehow my mother-in-law managed to have three kids with no dishwasher and no disposal. That would have driven me insane. I guess if you've never had it, you don't know what you're missing.

Unknown said...

OK, you win for that picture! Too funny. We met at BlogHer. Love your sense of humor...looking forward to reading more. Smiles!