Monday, September 26, 2005

Conversations on a Friday Night

Backstory: Aaron is not good at home improvement projects, specifically plumbing; meanwhile, I'm hopped up on muscle relaxers and pain meds from the doctor...

Me: Are we going to put this table together tonight? We need to get the fucking box out of the way of the kids. They're going to break it or break themselves!

Aaron: Yea... I know...

Me: Well, its too fuckin' heavy for me to do it myself, otherwise I would have done it already!

Aaron: Yea... Okay

Pushing, moving, cussing of said box; ripping it open and dissecting the pieces.

Me: I don't think I can do this by myself; you know, I really try to pretend I'm a badass, but I'm not.

Aaron: Yea, I know.

Me: Jerk!

Aaron: Well, its true!

Me: Get. The. Fuck. Out. Of. My. Way.

Me, putting the damn table together all by myself, while he read the damn instruction manual.

Me: I'm such a badass!

Aaron: Are you sure you did it right?

Me: Fuck yea I did it right!

Aaron: Huh. I guess you are a badass.

Me: This is so going in my blog.

Aaron: Oh shit. I forgot you're still doing that.

Me: Oh yea, that's going in it too.

No comments: